oo7: Broom Closet Misery

Start from the beginning

“Oh,” Cassie said in amazement.

“It’s beautiful.” Melissa said with a smile.

“Is that a diving board?” Cassie asked, her head cocking to the side.

Melissa walked over to the tub and turned the faucets on. Brilliant colors fell from the faucets and into the pool. Bubbles and steaming water quickly filled it up. The girls undressed and slipped into the tub slowly. Melissa went under the water, looking around the large pool. When she resurfaced, multi-colored bubbles were atop in head and on her face.

“So you and Malfoy,” Cassie said with a smirk, looking brazenly at Melissa.

“I don’t think I’m going to like where this is going.” Melissa said with a sigh and waited to hear what Cassie had to say.

“He fancies you.” She said and Melissa’s jaw dropped in disbelief.

“Are you mental?” she asked, concerned for her friend’s well-being.

“It’s obvious.”

“No it’s not. He’s mean and extremely rude to me. That’s not how one woos a girl he fancies.” Melissa said shaking her head. She couldn’t see where Cassie’s idea came from. The boy was nothing to rude to her, without reason most of the time.

“I saw the way he looked at you.” Cassie said quickly.

“Like he wanted to hex me probably,” Melissa said, now becoming annoyed. “Look, I do not like Malfoy. I can barely stand the bloke.” Melissa couldn’t believe Cassie would ever suggest such a thought. “Not to mention, I have no,”

“Oh would you shut it,” Cassie snapped harshly, catching Melissa off guard. “You say the same thing every time I suggest a boy fancies you.” She said, annoyed as well.

“I thought you liked Malfoy.” Melissa said, trying to defuse the tension between them.

“I fancy everyone.” She said with a shrug. Melissa couldn’t help but laugh. Cassie smiled and soon started laughing as well. After about an hour of relaxing in the tub and giving one another bubble beards, the girls dried off and changed into their clothing before heading back to their common room. As they walked back—hair dripping water onto the cold ground—they saw Ayanna with a mountain of books in her arms.

“More light reading?” Cassie asked, laughing.

“Studying,” Ayanna answered, trying to look past her books to see them, but it was pointless. Melissa’s eyes fell on a book about becoming an Animagus. The book was bound in beaten up black leather and thick.

“Can I borrow that book, Yani,” Melissa asked pointing to it.

“Yeah, I bought it when we got our books, but I simply have no time for it.” she said disappointedly. Melissa carefully took the book and threw it into her bag of clothes. Ayanna was staring intently at the necklace hanging delicately around Melissa’s neck. She looked down at her necklace and then back up at Ayanna, a look of slight confusion on her face.