Machines

I wake up to a putrid smell. Rubbing my eyes and sitting up on the quite uncomfortable mattress I was asleep on I look around.

"Did someone fart or something, it smells fucking gross in here." I grumble.

"Oh, that would be Andy." Darren who is sitting on a ripped sofa, texting replies. He doesn't look up from his phone.

"Where is Andy?" I ask.

"In the kitchen cooking," He replies, "His cooking is gross, that's why it smells so bad."

"Oh, okay...Sooooo....who ya texing?" I ask curiously.

"Ma chic." He replies smirking.

"You've got a girlfriend?" I ask.

"Of course I do, do you think that I'm not worthy of that or something?" He chuckles.

"No, no, it's just-"

"No, I understand," He says finally looking up from his phone, "Anyway, I don't really have one, I was joking." He replies.

"BREAKFAST IS READY MY CHILDREN!!!" Andy yells in a witch like voice bursting through the door. His eyes are bright, full of spark and fire. How are these guys so happy when they're just like me? They don't have a lot of money, they don't have great families and they get bullied...well not bullied as much as me but still.

"Dude, not so loud, you don't want your parents coming in and seeing Silva here, they'd kill you." Darren whispers.

"It's okay, they're not home, they went out somewhere." He replies.

"Okay, well give me some of that shit!" Darren yells grabbing a piece of...wait, what the fuck even is that? It's a small pie thing that looks like it's made out of eggs, it looks gross.

As Darren shoves the unidentified object into his mouth his face becomes priceless, his eyes become big and his mouth tightens. I can't help the laughter that bursts out of my mouth. Andy begins laughing as well while Darren quickly grabs the plate and spits the food onto it.

"I told myself I was never gonna eat your food again, why did I do it?" Darren yells, "That was the grossest thing I have ever tasted made by you so far."

Andy just continues laughing, he is not offended by Darren's statement but thinks of it as funny.

"Do you want to try some Silva?" Andy asks.

I shake my head no.

"No Silva, seriously, it's actually really good, I was kidding."

"No you weren't, I shall never taste that foul stuff." I reply.

"We should go to the park." Darren says.

"Yeah, sure, do you want to Silva?" Andy asks.

"Sure."

So we all get up and head to the park.

"Yeah you run you mother fuckkkerrrr!!!." Andy yells chasing a bird as it quickly lifts off into the air and flies away.

"You're a weirdo." I laugh.

"Did you just call me a weirdo? I am so offended." Andy replies while fake crying.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here." Someone says from behind us.

I freak out, what if it's someone who has found me? We all slowly turn around, it's a guy about the same age as the guys. He has very short black hair and thick eyebrows.

We all stare for a few seconds until...

"Jackson!" Both the boys yell really loud. Oh, this must be their friend.

After a whole day of hanging out with the guys including Jackson it begins to get dark. I don't really like Jackson, he's a bit of a jerk and thinks he's really funny but really he's quite sexist, racist, homophobic...you name it.

I start to wonder what would happen if someone found me with the guys, what would happen to them? I should probably go.

"Guys," I mumble and they all look my way, "I really need to get going now."

"How come?" Andy asks.

"I just don't want to get you into trouble when I get caught." I reply nervously, I look down at the concrete ground. These guys are amazing and I don't want to leave.

"Okay...Well just keep in contact with us since we gave you our phone numbers." Darren replies a bit upset that I have to leave.

I begin to walk away dragging my feet along the ground.

I head into the city and find a park bench where I sit down. I glance at my phone to check the time. 7:17 pm. Taking in my surroundings I think about what comes next. Will they find me?

I weep slowly staring down at the ground in hopes that no one will notice my tears. Whats the point in all of this. Whats the point in life? I just...I don't know how to do this anymore.

Suddenly I feel two wrinkly, cold hands grab me, they clench me tightly and lift me up out of the seat.

A rush of fear flows throughout my body making me numb. I can't move, I don't know what to do. Am I getting kidnapped?

"I got her Jon." A man's voice yells.

"Don't scare her, i'm surprised they put you on this job, she must think she's getting kidnapped or something." Another man's voice calls out from a few meters away. That must be Jon, the guy he was talking to.

So i'm not getting kidnapped? I glance up slowly and in great fear. I see a man probably aged in his early 40s, the man is wearing a uniform... a policeman uniform.

Fuck! They found me.

"You're Silva," Jon states, "Do you have any idea how worried everyone has been about you, especially your family? It's been three days that you've been gone for."

Sure. My family were totally worried. I can totally imagine that...not.

"Now, you're going to have to come with us and we will take you back home." The man who caught me says. He is tightly holding my arms behind my back and he walks me to their police car.

When we arrive home Jon presses the door bell to my house, about 10 seconds later the door is opened by my little brother Dominick.

"Silva!" He exclaims, "Where did you go?"

"I'm sorry, I just had to get away." I reply.

"Are your parents home son?" Jon asks.

"Mum!" Dominick yells.

Suddenly the skinny figure of my mother appears in the corridor.

Her hot pink tank top looks all wrinkled as if she hasn't changed it in a while.

"Silva, honey." She cries running forwards to embrace me I a hug but I slightly push her away rejecting it.

I look up to her face seeing tears in her eyes, she looks hurt that I rejected her like that. Well so she should be. She's forever hurting me, she deserves a taste of what it's like.

"Thank you so much officers for bringing her home, we were terribly worried about her. I thought we may have lost her forever." My mum says in between hiccups from her crying. I bet she's faking though. She wouldn't want to look like a bad parent in front of the police officers.

"No problem madam." Jon replies.

"I better call my husband and let them know that she's been found, he's been out looking for her the whole time, I've been looking most of the time as well but I've had to come home to look after Dominick." She says.

The two officers leave and I enter my house ignoring my mum.

"Honey, wait, we need to have a talk." My mum says but I ignore her and just head to my room.

Machines - Crown The Empire