Don't Pray For Me

I wake up on the floor next to my window. My wrists sting but I somehow find the pain almost pleasurable. The blood is all smeared of my bony wrists so I steadily get to my feet and quietly tip toe to the bathroom so that no one sees me with blood all over. I turn on the tap and rinse my wrist ignoring the pain.

Once I am done I walk back to my bedroom and to my dresser getting out some clothes. I get changed a grey singlet, blue jeans and a dark red jacket. The clothes are a bit big for me, but then so are all my clothes.

Once I am ready for school I creep up behind my younger brother hugging him from behind.

"Hello Silva!" He says delightfully turning around and hugging me back. He is so small, it's going to be so weird when he gets his growth spurt.

"Hey buddy" I say trying to pick him up.

"Nooooo! Put me down." He playfully yells.

I put Dominick down and begin to tickle him and he laughs trying to get away.

"Anyway buddy, I gotta get going, see ya, have fun at school today." I say heading out of the front door and waving.

"Bye!" He replies

Thank goodness I didn't come in contact with my parents this morning, I really didn't want to have to deal with them again, I am still pretty dreary and depressed from last night.

-

We are in PE now, we just got out of recess. We have to play basketball, the teacher surprisingly actually mixed girls and boys in the teams.

I really want to sit out this lesson but the school is so stupid that we have to have a note from our parents or doctor to sit out.

"Okay, I want the blue team shooting on the right and green shooting on the left." Mr James half yells.

We all head to our sides, oh and Tyler isn't in this class, but Tabitha, Regina and Kim are, they always gang up on me, anyway Tabitha and Kim are on the other team, Regina is on my team, which I bet she will never pass to me, even if I am the only person who she really can pass to...thats what she always does.

"Okay, ready" Mr James yells followed by blowing a whistle and dropping the ball to the two players in the middle. Tabitha and Regina got to go on the middle like always, they are his favorites.

Regina catches the ball and throws it to one of her friends.

I make the choice of just standing up the back of the court the whole time not getting involved since no one ever includes me anyway.

When half time finally comes around everyone runs off to get drinks or to go to the toilet.

"Silva," Mr James yells approaching me, "I notice you aren't participating."

I look at him with slight anger in my expression. Seriously. Not participating? I never participate.

"So, I want you to participate." He says, his voice so stern. But do I really care? I'm still not gonna participate, I don't care what he says.

"And also, if you don't, then I will have to contact your parents again." He states.

Oh fuck. Seriously. Why's he such an asshole? I really don't want any more trouble with my parents, I guess I will just have to participate.

I head back onto the court as he yells for everyone to get back onto the court for the second half.

"Oh and Silva," He shouts across the court, "Take that bloody jacket off, it's boiling, I don't want you fainting."