Chapter 47

His ice blue eyes stared back at me. A harsh frown was indented onto his forehead as he coldly stared at me. Every time he took a step, I took one backwards wanting nothing more than to get away from him. He reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me to him.

"Get off of me," I sneered, attempting to pull my arm from his grasp. His hold only got tighter.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that," he said, his voice low and harsh. "You'd tell your husband."

"Of course I would!" I scoffed. "You're the asshole in this situation."

His large hand took hold of my neck. I gasped, attempting to pry his hand away from me. I could feel the pressure closing off my ability to breath with ease. I pushed his hand away as best I could, but he eventually let go.

"We both know that you are fully aware as to who I am. Your husband may be trying to pin evidence on me, but you know," he said with a scoff. "You may have been a stupid poor farm girl when I met you, but we both know you're much more clever than you let on."

"So it is you," I said. "In charge of the attacks."

"Of course it's me," he laughed, walking away from me.

"So it's Waters helping you is it?"

"That baffoon?" Nial scoffed. "No, he's far too loyal to your husband. He would never turn against his country. Another one of your husband's favorite guards is my key. I'm not going to tell you," he smirked. "It's all the fun in the game."

"You're an asshole," I sneered. He grabbed hold of my neck again, I coughed, as I took hold of his hand again.

"Just remember who's at stake here," he smirked. "If I hurt you, your child is at risk. Wouldn't want that would we?" he asked, his eyebrow raised in a knowing voice. I glared at him before backing away from his loosened grasp. I rubbed at my neck, glancing down at my stomach.

"Fine," I scoffed. "What is it you want?"

"You," he said.

"I'm married," I said. "And expecting a baby in case you've forgotten."

"You were supposed to have been my wife, remember?" he asked. "We were courting before you were thrust into the arms of another man."

"I remember," I said, standing taller. "My mother is the one who made the decision for me to enter the palace as a contender for Harry's heart."

"Isn't it ironic how the attacks seemed to become for frequent once you moved here?" he asked, a slow laugh escaping from between his lips. "Well, we must be going."

"We?" I asked.

"Did you really think I was going to let you go after I found you?" he asked. "Not a chance, Price. Besides, if we don't move now, your darling Harry will be coming to find you. We can't have that."

"He will murder you," I sneered between my teeth. "You and your assistant."

He stepped towards me, took my hands and tied them behind my back with a piece of cloth. They were bound tightly together. He took another piece of cloth and wrapped it around my head, muffling me. I struggled under his grasp, but he took hold of my neck again.

"That's a chance I'm willing to take, Price," he said. "He stole you away from me, but most of all, this country tore apart my family."

He roughly dragged me along out of my room. Niall pushed open the door, then opened the closet where Phoenix was concealed.

"Go find you master, you stupid dog. We'll make this game all the more fun," he smirked as he pulled me along. Phoenix whine behind me as I was dragged to wherever Niall was taking me. As we walked throughout the palace, I realized he must have used the tunnels again.

I could feel my eyes welling with tears as I was pulled away from the place of safety. My home was the safest place, but I was being torn from my home by an intruder. Someone I once considered an ally was anything but, and someone within my home betrayed me. They were playing both sides, but he was playing us more than anything.

"Quickly, you blimp," Niall said as we descended the dark staircase. A soft sob escaped my mouth as he pulled me to move faster down the stairs.

His rough hands pulled me down the dark tunnel where a crack of light was. Niall knocked on the wooden door. The door opened and the person betraying us was on the other side. He had a stocking on his head that he pulled off.

"Surprised?" Eaton asked, a smirk appearing on his face. "Never even suspected me did you, Emerald?"

I tried to kick him, but Niall's hand went to my throat again. I gasped, lowering my foot to the ground, kicking it as I struggled against his grasp.

"Remember, the more I do this, the more your baby is at risk," he said. "Depleting oxygen isn't good for the baby, I heard it makes them dumber."

"Really?" Eaton asked.

"Did you take care of the guards?" Niall asked.

"The ones stationed down here are all dead," Eaton said. Gave them water laced with undetectable poison.

"What about her brother?"

"He's not on duty tonight," Eaton explained.

"You were supposed to kill him, stupid," Niall rolled his eyes. "We need to get going before they find us. Did you do what I asked?"

"The horse and carriage are just outside this door," he said, opening it up. Niall pushed me through the door, lifting me into the carriage, climbing in after I was pushed onto the floor. He lifted me up roughly and set me on the seat.

"I'm impressed, your stupid husband hasn't found us yet," he laughed before hitting the wall of the carriage. The buggy lurched forward as the horses quickly trotted forward.

Niall sat across from me smirking at me. A few tears escaped from my eyes, I quickly averted my gaze from him, not wanting him to see me weak. Niall moved in his seat, grabbing my chin and turning my head towards him.

"Don't cry, Price," he said softly. "It makes you look even weaker than you already are. Then again, probably your bastard's fault, isn't it?"

I closed my eyes, hot tears escaping as I closed them. I prayed to every imaginable God for me to get home safely. I prayed for Harry to find me and kill these two bastards. I prayed that my baby was alright, this baby would make it through this horrific tale just fine. My life was in shambles right now, and the once lightened tunnel was nothing but darkness filled with monsters.