Chapter 6

The following morning, I awoke to find Harry missing from beside me. The past two weeks almost didn't register in my mind, but the cool silver resting against the skin of my finger calmed me. I sat up and saw a note resting on my bedside table with a vase full of colorful flowers. I smiled to myself, reaching over and taking hold of the note.

Em,
I was called into my office to work on some stuff. I'll be there if you need me. I have lunch at noon. Feel free to join me.

I love you,
~H .xx

I rested the note back on the table. I stretched my arms over my head and threw the comforter off of my legs standing up on the cool wood floor. I leaned over the vase of flowers, holding my bangs back so they didn't droop over my face, and smelled the beautiful flowers left for me. A knock sounded at the door before it was opened. I leaned over to see who was walking in. It was Trish.

"I was just seeing if you were awake. Harry told me to let you sleep," she smiled walking in with an armful of clothes. "I have your clothes here. Did you want something to eat or drink?"

"Trish, you don't need to be so formal," I laughed walking up to her. "Trust me."

"I feel as if I should," she said rubbing her hands together. "You're the Princess now. Next week you'll be the queen."

"Don't," I smiled. "You saw me at the lowest moment of my life when I didn't feel like I was home. Thank you for that by the way."

Trish smiled and gave me a hug. I hugged her back gratefully. She pulled away and handed me the clothes on the sofa. I walked to the bathroom and changed my clothes into the beautiful knee length spring dress. I walked out and took a seat at the dresser. She brushed out my hair spraying some stuff in it to smooth it out. The door opened, I turned my head to see Harry come in.

"Hey," I waved craning my head as Trish was putting some curls in my dark hair.

"I forgot something," He said pointing to the table by his side of the bed, and waltzed towards it retrieving a wad of files. "Kind of important. You coming by for lunch?" he asked kissing my lips before leaning his backside against the dresser pushing it towards the wall.

"Yeah, of course," I smiled, a crimson blush on my cheeks. "You know what I like to eat."

"I'll see you in a few hours then," he grinned. "I've got to go back to work. I love you Em."

"Love you too H," I waved as he walked out of the bedroom. I looked at Trish in the mirror, and saw a smile on her lips as she worked with my hair. "What are you thinking Trish?"

"Just how in love the both of you are," she mentioned. "You care a lot about each other. Anyone would be stupid to see that."

"I love him a lot," I expressed. "I wouldn't have married him if I didn't."

"You know there's going to be a lot of work now that you're married," Trish said. "Love is hard. You both certainly know this but as you both age, you will be faced with obstacles. Obstacles that will make your lives difficult. You're a team, and have to work as one unit."

"What's bringing this on?" I asked, turning to look at the woman behind me. "Did something happen?"

"It's something I wished I knew when I got married," she smiled patting my cheeks gently.

"What challenged you guys more than anything?" I asked.

"Having the kids," she said sitting down in a stool across from me. "A baby changes the dynamic of everything in a relationship. It's not just the two of you anymore, it's suddenly about this small person growing into a wonderful person. You have nothing to worry about yet Emerald."