Chapter 45

I am alone in the house, Harry working diligently in his office. I was passing time by cleaning. My hair up in a messy bun on top of my head. Loose strands of my dark hair springing off in other directions. I had a pair of shorts on and one of Harry's white shirts stretched over my growing stomach.

"Em!" Harry called, disrupting me from my cleaning. I walked out into the hallway to see Harry with his hair pulled back and his winter coat on.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, my eyes widening. "You're making a mess! I just cleaned in here!" I yelled, as he dragged a tall tree through our doorway. "Why?"

"It's almost Christmas," he chimed. "Figured we should have a Christmas tree in here, don't you?" he smiled at me.

"Why not one we can reassemble every year? One without the mess?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "This is a disaster Harry Edward," I shook my head as he walked out into the hallway. Muffled voices came and he reappeared with a huge tree stand.

"Where do you want it?" he asked.

"Out the door," I replied.

"Em," he sighed, throwing his head back. "I already got us a tree, where do you want me to set it up?"

"Not near the fireplace!" I said. "I'm not helping you."

"I didn't expect you to, love," he laughed, walking up to me and wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "I wasn't going to make you lift the tree in the stand. That's what Waters and your brother are for. Don't be mad," he said, kissing my cheek. "It will be fun decorating it."

"Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy with your arm?" I asked.

"It's been almost a month since I was shot," He said, rolling his eyes. "I think I'm fine! Besides, it's Christmas!"

"It's only the sixth of December!" I yelled. "You can't seriously be calling this Christmas."

Harry only turned and grinned at me before yelling for the other two to help him. He's unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. I walked up the stairs and down the hallway, a scowl on my face.

"Em!" Harry called. "Love, what are you doing?" he asked, looking up at me from down below.

"I'm ignoring this," I said, leaning over the railing. "We never even discussed a tree! Without consulting me, your wife, first, you go and get the biggest f.ucking tree you could find. Why? Why did it need to be taller than the both of us? We can't possibly decorate it without a ladder. You and I both know I'm not getting my fat ass on a ladder to decorate it."

"You're not fat," Harry said with a sigh. "And I never said you had to get on a ladder."

"You're certainly not decorating the tree!" I scoffed.

"Why not?"

"I've seen you decorate, not happening," I said as Lucas shuffled in, and said something to Harry quietly. "Care to share, dear brother?" I asked. "Feel free."

"I said nothing," he said, staring up at me wide-eyed.

"It was about nothing that concerns you," Harry smiled.

"Harry," I sighed. "You're the king of a kingdom I rule alongside you. Everything is my business, tell me."

"It's not important, Em."

"H," I said, a harsh glare coming across my features.

"I hate you, Lucas," Harry scowled, before mustering up a sarcastic smile and looking up at me. "If you must know, my wife, Lucas was saying you are quite scary today because of your hormones which have turned you into a wicked witch."