Chapter 40

Leave a comment guys!

_________________________________

I stood over a table in Harry's office while he was still in bed. I woke up this morning, my nausea getting the better of me so I decided to be productive today. I had all of the notes Harry had begun gathering against Niall and Greg.

Greg was fairly straightforward. He had a wife and son and also had a job. His daily outings were generally from his house to work, to the shops, and back home. He lived a quiet life, occasionally he would go and visit his father. But it was only about once every week. His mail told us nothing of strange whereabouts either.

Niall, however, is vastly different. He's leaving at odd hours of the night and coming back just a few hours later. He goes to the most random places in the neighborhood; the middle of the forest, behind abandoned buildings, etc. He was also mailing back and forth with someone back in Gaelic country. Always the same addressee with the same handwriting, though different addresses every time.

"What are you up to?" I whispered, sitting down in Harry's chair. My blue eyes scanned over the documents, curiosity filling me. The office phone range.

"Hello?" I asked, picking it off the receiver.

"Now, you would think I'd be dumb calling my own office, but I didn't know where else to call," Harry chuckled through the phone. "Have you had breakfast?" he asked.

"No," I said. "Before you start yelling at me, I wasn't feeling well, but I'm feeling fine now. Bring me food."

"Yes Ma'am," he chuckled before bidding me a goodbye on the phone. I hung it up and went back to looking at the papers in front of me.

Something oddly peculiar was happening, and I wanted to know what Niall was up to. Without a doubt, I knew it was Niall behind these attacks, I just had to figure out how. He had people in his own country and in Ula backing him. People inside this palace. I grabbed a notebook and began jotting things down:

*Intercept all of Niall's mail

*Question people in the palace

As I continued to look over the papers, my brows furrowed, the swift click of the door opening sounded making me look up. Harry walked in holding a bag of food and had a glass of juice in his other hand. He smiled at me before coming over to me and kissing my cheek, handing me the food.

"What's going on?" he questioned me.

"Nothing much, but the attack that killed your father," I started. "Someone working with Niall—"

"We don't know if it's Niall for sure, love."

"He's involved somehow," I said. "The attack. There had to have been someone on the inside who let them in. There is no way that the rebels could have just broke in. It had to have been a guard," I said.

"A guard?" Harry asked. "What makes you think that?"

"There's no other way in is there? There's guards at all the entrances," I said and Harry's face grimaced. "What are you not telling me?"

"Eat your breakfast and I'll show you," he sighed. "Why didn't I think of it before?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I followed Harry as we weaved through the corridors until we got to one of the farthest corridors of the castle. He took a key out of his pocket and turned the lock until the lock unhinged. He took it off the door and put the lock and key in his pocket.

"Only certain people have these keys," Harry said upon seeing my curious face. "Me and like six or seven others."

"Wouldn't that narrow down the list?" I asked.