Chapter 11

LEAVE SO MANY COMMENTS THAT I'LL CRY.

______________________________

The whole thing seemed to be working like a blur. I wondered if this is exactly how Harry felt when he was crowned. Everything was moving piece by piece, minute by minute. I was hardly aware of my surroundings. I was too focused on getting the wording right to look around me. I could feel the palms of my hands sweating as I held the metal objects in my hand. 

I was presently in the chapel, everyone around me watching as we finished the ceremony. This whole day has been a busy one. I think I was up most of the night afraid of messing up today. Harry, bless him, stayed up with me talking about anything and everything to keep my mind off of my nerves. He was too good for me sometimes. 

As soon as the ceremony was finished, I was lead to the balcony on the second floor. Everyone followed me, Harry was almost immediately behind me as I walked beside Baba. Baba stepped out on the balcony, his white robes blowing in the wind. As he talked to Ula, I felt Harry's warm hand take hold of my own. I smiled at him as he leaned down to press a kiss to my cheek.

"May I present to you, your King and Queen, His Royal Majesty King Harry and Her Royal Majesty, Queen Emerald."

Harry and I walked out of the doors that were opened. We were momentarily blinded with light as the loud cheers overcame us. I raised my left hand, waving it as I smiled. Harry's hand squeezed mine tighter than it did before. One by one, the rest of our family gathered behind us on the balcony as Harry walked up to the podium.

"My good citizens," Harry started, a smile on his face. "Today we have stepped forward in history as we accepted my wife as a ruler of our country. It humbles me that you have taken to her as much as I have this past year and some odd weeks. With my wife by my side, I wish to step in a new direction. As Emerald and I have discussed repeatedly since I became King, it is my duty to right my father's wrongs.

In his own time, my father was considered a valuable, and most certainly an endearing king.  However, times have changed and Ula is under a lot more pressure than we previously were. I want to begin an enlightenment on Ula, and fight back to change our country. The decisions of my father were solely his own, and I plan to run my country with my wife and I making our decisions together. Just as a husband and wife should do. 

As of tomorrow at sunrise, Baba and some valuable citizens will be taking a trip to my wife's hometown where she grew up in a life deep in poverty. It is there where we will begin making lives better. Prior to Emerald and I getting engaged, I learned her home had no church, and very little faith. Faith needs to be restored in Ula, and the construction of a new church is just the start. Emerald and I, as well as our team of advisors, will be reevaluating all town guards as some of them have been taking advantage of their positions. We want our home to be one of the happiest places you can live. Misery is a thing of the past, and I hope to make a sure change in all of your lives, as well as the future generations of our home.

As my wife and I step forward into our roles as your King and Queen, we hope you will also step forward with us. Emerald and I can start the change, but you are the change. We can't do anything without you helping us out. Some of the changes will take months, some may be immediate. 

One of our immediate changes will be our taxes. I would like to tax the wealthiest more heavily to aid in poor relief. This is not a permanent change, but our poor are poorer than you may think. This is something near to me, and I respect that you will be kind to respect the decision. I know many of you won't be pleased with this decision, but it is what needs to be done. I would like our poor to be well off, and quite possibly modernize their homes. If any of you have spare money, we would love to take donations to get their feet off the ground, and also move forward with us.