Chapter 28

I sat in the room I once occupied. This room seems so unfamiliar and foreign. I lived in here so long ago, I barely even remember living here. The room hasn't changed since I made the move to the room I shared with Harry. I sat down on the bed and felt myself just break.

My walls were falling and I don't think I could pick up the pieces. Not by myself anyways. This is the worst he's ever hurt me. Consciously, that is. He said words like that to intentionally hurt me, and I think that's what hurt the worst. He made me feel as if I were imagining the pain I was in. I couldn't even begin to describe what I was going through and he basically pushed me away.

"Em," Gemma's voice said softly as she knocked on the door, opening it. "May I come in." 

I quickly wiped my eyes and composed myself as best as I could.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered. She closed the door behind her and walked over to me. "What's up?"

"What's up with me?" she asked incredulously. "That's a question. It's more of what the f.uck just happened out there? I don't think the aliens could hear you two."

"Not funny," I said. "I think it's just the past few months all pent up into one argument."

"Months?"

"This is just the icing on the cake," I said to her, sniffling lightly. "We'd been fighting about when to have a baby, naturally. But after the incident last month, everything just got so crazy and he- he didn't think anything of my pain. He moved on with his day like it was nothing, but I couldn't. I've never killed a man before and I-I feel so damn guilty about the whole thing. He makes me feel like I should be rejoicing about it, screaming it from the rooftops that I murdered a human being."

"Wow," she said, smacking her lips. "Deep."

"Be serious, Gemma," I said. 

"I am!" she said. "Harry's just been under a lot of stress lately, and I'm sure you being—"

"You're defending him," I scoffed, sliding off the bed. "Why are you defending him?"

"Emerald, I'm not," she said, putting her hands to her chest. "Believe me, I'm not. Harry's been under a sh.it ton of stress and I'm sure when you said you were fine, he believed you."

"But I'm far from fine!" I said. "I just wanted him to ask me if I wanted help. I didn't know I had to beg him for it."

Gemma walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my body tightly. I shook in her arms as I cried. I just wanted the boy I fell in love with once again. That boy I fell in love with was so calm and helpful. This version of my husband is a complete stranger. It was like I didn't even know him. I knew him to an extent, but this extension of what is King Harry is the version I didn't like. He was turning into his father.

"Do you want me to grab something for you?"

"I want my Mum," I sniffled. "My mum, not yours. Mine."

She nodded silently, leaving me alone in this room. I curled into a ball on my side on the bed. I couldn't even begin to fathom what was going through my head right now. I just knew that I was so upset with Harry and the entire situation. I'm also upset with myself for allowing it to get to the point it's gotten. I shouldn't have let it get this far, I should have addressed the situation when it was getting to be like this. Back before the incident.

"Sweetheart," I heard, a hand lightly shaking me awake from my tear driven sleep. I turned over to be greeted by the sweet face of my mother. Her hands rubbed over the bare skin of my arm as she looked at me, scanning my face.