Mingyu

Imagine for Razzleberries17, SugaFreeJams, NicoleiixyShin and transparentseoul

"It's going to be fine! The first days are always the hardest anyways! Just try to make friends." Your mum says to you. You're were just about to walk to school from your new house. You lean against the door frame as your mum straightens your uniform and tucks your hair behind your ear. You flap her hands away, irritated. You can't explain how nervous you are, you kept playing with your fingers trying to distract yourself.

"What if they don't like me?" You ask nervously. What if you had to make your way through life with no friends, no one to rely on? You couldn't think of anything worse.

"If they don't like you, they don't like you. There's nothing I can do about it." She brushes her fingers through her hair.

"Woah, thanks mum." You roll your eyes, folding your hands into the sleeves of your uniform.

"That's not what I meant. I meant that if they don't want to be friends with you then they're missing out." She smiles trying to comfort you, but it just make the butterflies in your stomach go wild.

You take a deep breath and look out the door. You watch as all the smartly dressed school students walk down the street towards the school . Everyone one of them had groups of friends.

"I feel like an outsider." You mutter to yourself.

"What, honey?" Your mum asks. She didn't quite catch on to what you said.

"Nothing." You turn your back to her and walk out the door, you didn't know what to expect of your first day, but you can't get rid of the feeling that it's going to be bad.

You started walking behind a group of friends. They chat loudly about political problems, that's when you knew you weren't going to fit in.

You stroll along looking at the floor. You were nearly at the school when it starts to rain. It wasn't like light rain, it was like fully grown golf balls. You reach for your bag trying to find the umbrella you bought especially for this occasion.

You reach the bottom of your bag when you realise that the umbrella wasn't there. Ugh, you must of left it at home. Definitely the worst time for it to rain. You were going to have to walk into your new school looking like a drowned rat.

You pull the top of your uniform over your head and hastily walk to get to the school.

You hear the car before you could see it. The hum was getting closer and closer, you didn't take much notice of it until it zoomed right through a newly made puddle. If it had been any other day a car going through water wouldn't have splashed you, however today was one of those days. The cold water flew at you drenching you even more than you were before.

"Oh my god." You mutter with your eyes closed. You open them wide and just about catch a glimpse of person in the passenger seat. His head was hanging out of the window, his perfectly styled hair getting damp.

"I'm sorry!" He yells, but you couldn't hear him over the cold controlling your mind.

The car was a couple of yards down the street when you decide to start walking again.

"Ugh, can this day get any worse?" You straighten your wet jacket and walk in through the school gates.

You were immediately hit with the stares of students. It was pretty obvious you were new but they didn't have to make it that noticeable.