Hansol

Imagine for Aylssia_Arnold

I kinda maybe stole this idea from Let It Snow, a book written by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle.
~Lucy
_________________________________________

You wait at the bus stop in the freezing cold. It got dark a while ago and you were hoping to get home before the snow started to fall.

Eventually the bus arrives. The doors creak open and you step inside, wrapping your jacket tighter around you.

"Uh, one ticket please." You say, awkwardly. You give him what you hope is a friendly smile.

"Where to?" He asks. He talks in the kind of tone you would talk to a child in.

You gives the name of your street and give him the money. As you sit down at a seat near the back it starts to snow. Its only a little but you reckon its gonna start getting thicker. You pull out a book and start to read, ignoring the stares of the other people on the bus. There was an old man and a woman with a child.

The bus moves on, only to stop again a few streets down. Someone walks on but you don't bother to look. You're too absorbed by your book.

"Thanks!" You hear a deep voice say.

You look up in curiosity to see a boy about your age who has just got his ticket. He has brown hair longer than usual and brown eyes. You can't help but stare at him as he was incredibly good looking.

He walks down the bus and sits behind you. He doesn't do anything until the bus starts moving again. You forget about him for a few moments has you continue to read your book.

"Whatcha' readin'?" He suddenly asks.

You jump out of your seat. The bus was so quiet up until now. You turn to see him peeking at you in the gap between the seats.

"Um, Eleanor and Park." You say, without thinking. Any normal person wouldn't answer a stranger so casually.

"Ah, cool. Is it good?"

"Um, no offense but I don't know you. And I'm not supposed to talk to strangers." You mumble back.

"How rude of me. A proper lady deserves an introduction. I'm Hansol Chwe. What's your name?" He says. You hear the over exaggerated politeness in his voice. You look through the gap and you see him grinning at you.

"I'm Y/N." You reply.

Before replying he quickly moves from his seat to the seat next to you. He grins at you as he sits.

"See, now we're not strangers anymore." He says. You can't help but smile. His expression was adorable.

"Listen passengers. The snow has gotten too strong to continue. The bus has to stop before it breaks down in the cold." The drivers voice calls to everyone. The bus slows to a stop and there's an awkward silence.

"I'm not staying in here." Says the woman with the child and she gets out of the bus, followed by the older man who agreed with her.

"Theres a bar nearby. I'm getting a drink." The driver says, gruffly and gets out too. Its only you and Hansol in the bus now.

"Well this is creepy." You mutter.

"Couldn't agree more." He says back, cheerfully.

You sit together for a while, not talking when you notice the lights of a town out the window. You decide it would be a lot warmer in a shop or something then in the freezing bus. You stand and try to squeeze pass Hansol.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asks.

"Out. Its freezing in here and there's a town nearby." You get past and walk down the middle of the bus. He jumps up and joins you.