[MBW]- Chapter 1.

Start from the beginning

"If you dad was younger and, you know, not your dad I would kiss him for letting the wedding happen here!" My best friend, the bride, Vanessa exclaimed.

She painted a horrendously vivid image and I couldn't escape it.

"Um, fiancé right here," Another voice chimed in and I saw Aiden walking towards us his arms falling on Vanessa's shoulders. He had huge bags under his eyes, probably from the flight, and huge carry on bags on his other shoulder.

He nudged Vanessa and teased her a little about her comment and I smiled, genuinely, when I looked at them. They were perfect. They loved each other to death and looked nothing less like models, too.

Vanessa dismissed his words,
"Whatever. This hotel is amazing. I've had my fair share of 5-stars but this is in the top 5 hotels on the west coast. Have you seen the beach? It could give the Bahamas a run for its money."

And, just like that any regret (definitely not serious) about out friendship vanished. She was happy and I would do anything to make her wedding the best day of her life.

"Anything for you guys, you know that. It's my duty as a maid of honor." I said.

Granted, all it took was a bat of an eyelash to get my dad to give me 80% of the hotel for my best friend's wedding but it still took some effort.

Vanessa and Aiden both could have afforded any hotel they wanted but with them wanting to keep the wedding in the States rather than some other foreign exotic location, their options were limited. Especially since it was peak holiday season and everyone wanted to get a good location. Vanessa's parents, on top of that, had invited half of New York.

Some of the regular guests were wandering around and stopped to give us weird looks. I couldn't persuade my dad to give me the whole hotel- that was non-negotiable.

"Bro, did you check out the girls at the front giving out flowers? Hot damn." A voice that I was hoping I wouldn't hear for at least a couple of hours came from behind me.

I took a deep breath, bracing myself for the next few minutes.

"Bro, I'm getting married in a few days. I don't care about other girls." Aiden drawled out to his best friend — Ethan Reed.

The bane of my existence. Unfortunately for me, he was Aiden's best man. Fortunately for me, he was so useless that he didn't try to get himself involved in anything to do with the wedding.

He hadn't looked at me yet so I gave him the quickest once over. It pained me to say that he looked good. His dark chocolatey mop of hair was slightly disheveled, courtesy of the long plane ride but his sharp green orbs were alive as ever. As he turned his face from side to side, he left his perfectly chiseled jawline on display. It could probably cut a watermelon. Not to mention, his white v-neck left very little to the imagination.

Sigh.

I had such a weakness for a perfectly shaped torso coupled with abs. It was no wonder that most of the girls back home in NYC swooned over him and practically kissed the path he walked on.

Although, he was the closest thing I had to a mortal enemy so my weakness for abs would just have to be fulfilled somewhere else. While I didn't 'hate' him (not all the time, at least), him doing the absolute most to drive me up a wall was reason enough to make him close enough to be considered as strongly disliked.

In high school, Vanessa, Aiden, Ethan and I were that clique. Vanessa and Aiden had started dating during sophomore year and that forced us all to hang out together. Annoying me had become his favorite past time ever since then.