Eleven

"Calypso's key?" Aria whispered picking it up, she handed it to Ray.

 He slowly grabbed it and looked at Lucy, "You're the wizard with celestial magic. Here" Lucy took it and looked at it. 

"It's better if you hold it" Ray turned and looked at Aria "Sorry Aria," 

"R-Ray it's-" 

"No, I shouldn't have fallen easily. I'm a disgrace to the name of Miss Calypso apprentices" 

"Ray!" Aria exclaimed pissed "Shut up its ok. You heard Calypso! Stop worrying" 

Ray blinked and nodded embarrassed. When he saw Erza he ran and leaped in front of Erza. 

"I'm sorry ma'am! I am sorry if I injured you in any way. I'm at your service. I'm very sorry" 

Erza looked at Ray with sympathy, "It's alright. I'm Erza. You are?" 

Ray blinked "I'm Ray, Calypso's apprentice" 

"Apprentice? Do all guardians have an apprentice?" Lucy asked. Ray nodded. Aria looked away at the surrounding forest shift into a green sunny forest. 

"Hey, Aria, do you have an apprentice?" 

Aria turned and shook her head, " Stella...well... Didn't..how shall I put it. Stella wanted to be more than what her powers took her" 

The group stayed quiet looking amongst each other. Aria sighed, "That's in the past, let's go," 

"Aria where are we going next?" Wendy asked. Aria looked around feeling the rush of wind through her hair. 

"That way I guess," she said pointing to the towering gloomy mountain up ahead, "Come on, it's better to make it before sundown"

As they walked Ray followed her step. When she glanced back to check Lucy, Wendy, and Erza she caught Ray's eager face. 

"Ray is there something you want to talk about?" Aria asked. Ray jumped, "No...well... One small thing" 

"Go ahead" 

"Uh...how do you reach 2nd form?" 

"2nd form eh, first you need to prefect 1st form. How's your first form?" 

"It's...okay...just some flaws" 

"Such as?" 

"Time" 

"You can't keep your form for long periods of time?" 

"No" Ray shook his head rubbing his neck. "Since 1st form boost your powers and speed I can't take control over that" 

"And Cal wasn't the war type. So, it might have not been much help since she must have tried to lead you away from that?" 

Ray's eyes widened and nodded, "How did you know?"  

"I know Cal. Look Ray it's been a while since I had an apprentice so I'll help you in fighting" 

"Really?" Ray exclaimed.

"Yes. It's the least I can do" Aria said. 

"Thank you, Aria" Ray cheered, falling behind. Lucy walked in step with Aria.

"You sure made his day" Lucy said. Aria smiled.

"What did you say Aria?" Happy asked. Aria looked at him and shrugged "I'm just helping him on a bit of training" 

"Your good at fighting Aria?" Wendy asked. Aria thought about it.

"I'm not the best, but I know a few things" She said.

"A few is better than nothing," Erza said. Aria smiled and followed the rowdy duo of Natsu and Gray.

EDITED 01-05-2020