Chapter Twenty-Three

One story house, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and twenty-two hundred square foot lot.

And the total price is?

$215,000

Is that good? Or is that too much?

Do I have enough money in my account to buy the house? Or will I be putting myself in debt?

Why do I even need an extra room and why am I looking for a house.

Oh fuck my head is starting to hurt.

"Damn," I take off my glasses tossing them on my desk.

"What is it?" Mya asks stretching out on my bed in one of my shirts.

"Nothing," I quickly close the tab before she can see it, "I was just looking for a mirror to put in the living room," I lie, but tell the truth at the same time since one of the many tabs that I have up was a shopping page for mirrors.

Yes, I was indeed looking for a mirror.

"You know that my offer is still open."

"And my answer is still the same," I say causing her to smack her teeth in response. I am not about to go down this road again. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I like to sleep in darkness and with your laptop being on, the light woke me up."

"Sorry," I said closing my laptop, 'I couldn't sleep so I had I decided to go on the computer," I fiddle with my fingers letting out a heavy breath.

"You're nervous about telling our parents about the new addition to the family?"

"More or less," I shrug turning around to face her, even though I can barely see her outline.

"I think that this is a good idea, especially with your dad. Especially have a heart to heart talk with him maybe even tell him how you feel about the baby. Can I give you my opinion?"

"If I say no you're going to give it to me anyways."

"I saw how hurt your dad was when you kept on blowing him off at your sister's wedding. Listen, let's say that this is a boy, now what if y'all had a huge disagreement and he practically wants nothing to do with you. Basically cuts you off from his life. The close bond that you once had slowly disappearing, would you like that?"

I didn't answer her question, I couldn't. To be honest I would feel like shit if that ever happens to me.

"Don't get me wrong, I know that you are hurting too. The man that you thought was your dad, your world, turns out to be a lie because of your mother's unfaithfulness I just want you to hear his side of the story," she rubs my arms as my shoulders sag in defeat.

"I'll try my best."

"You'll do your best, now come back to bed," she grabs me by my shirt pulling me back towards the bed.

"Yes ma'am, I watch as she gets comfortable under the sheets as I stay on top of the comforter.

I can't take any chances.

As I get comfortable underneath my blanket reality finally settled in with me.

I'm going to be somebody's daddy.

"Fuck," I whisper slowly getting out of bed and out the door for some fresh air, of course not without grabbing my damn near empty pack of cigarettes. I promised Mya that I was going to stop, and I will when shit stops being so fucking stressful.

In a few hours we are suppose to be going to our parents' house to tell them about the news. Oh shit I feel like I am about to have an anxiety attack! With my shaking hands I try to light my shit.