Chapter Eleven

I look into the same dark brown eyes of the boy that cause me hell all through my youth. But as he stood there with a mug on his face, he looks like he is trying to impersonate Ice Cube. And to think, that I was scared of this guy for all those years.

And maybe a couple of seconds ago, and still now, maybe.

"I asked you a question Mya!" he snaps, see the bitch in me would have jump with the tone of voice that he has, but then I didn't want to look like a punk in front of Mya.

"I don't have to answer you Malik, we're not together anymore, so I don't have to answer you!" she yells over the music with a hard look on her face.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" he walks up on her but I quickly stood in front of her to protect her from him.

"Back off Malik," I push his away and to my surprise he slightly stumbled back, but not enough to make me happy.

"Who the fuck you think that you are talking to?" he rushes up to me with his alcoholic breath in my face.

"Who else would I be talking to Malik?" I look at him a bit confused. "You're the only one that I am talking to right now."

"Look here white boy I kicked your ass back in high school I can do it again."

"No you will not be kicking anybody's ass Malik, go about your business," Mya grabs my arm and pulls me away. "So fuck off Malik," she yells over her shoulder, but stops abruptly. "And what the fuck are you even doing here?"

"Well for one it's a free country so if I want to go out clubbing then I can damn well please. Second of all my cousin and I own this club so again I can come and go as I please."

"You have got to be shitting me," she lets out s long groan as she walks away

"Aye I wanna talk to you," he grabs her elbow stopping her from walking any further.

"About what?"

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?"

"Because I don't want to, the fuck," she snatches her arm out of his grip.

"Is it because of this white boy right here?"

"No because I am literally done with you Malik! And right now I am on a date so I have better things to do then to waste it with you. Let's go Tanner" she grabs my hand and walks back towards the dance floor.

"Oh hey Mya!" he calls out to her she stops and turns towards him, he licks his lips with lust filled in his eyes, "you looking really good. If he doesn't hold your interest, like you know I can, you can always come back to me like you always do. My bed is always open for you," he smiles walking away from us.

I look at Mya confused at the last sentence that he said.

"Please God Mya tell me that you didn't sleep with that guy?" I don't care if she slept with the whole football team, well maybe I do, but as long as it wasn't Malik I would be fine.

"Oh God no! The best thing that he has gotten from me is a hug and a kiss. I wouldn't let him get that far with me. And you are probably wondering why I stayed with him, it's because I thought that I was in love. I was young and desperate. I wanted to get married to my high school sweetheart and tell my children and grandchildren the story of how we met. But, little did I know that I was wrong. I was so wrong," she shakes her head with a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry about that, I hope that it didn't ruin this date, I was really having fun up till that moment."

"It's fine do you want to resume back to what we were doing. Or do you want to go somewhere else?"

"We could stay just for a little while. Actually, I think that it would be good for us to go somewhere else, I've done enough clubbing to last me a couple of weekends and you a coupe for years," she runs her fingers through my hair as we walk out of the club into the parking lot.

"Had I known that Malik owns that club I would have said lets go somewhere else."

"But you didn't know so I am not holding you accountable for the event that has just happened."

"Are you sure that you are not mad?"

"Mya if I was mad at you, you would have been finding your own way home."

"You are such an ass," she laughs pushing my elbow.

"Then I must be an nice ass because you're still her," I wrap my around her as my hands lands lightly against her stomach. Thinking that it is too soon to be doing this sort of gesture I slowly moved my hands but she places her hands on top to stop me as she leans against my chest. We walk the rest of the way towards the car.

"I had fun tonight," she says breaking the comfortable silence, "well of course besides Malik messing everything up, but it was still the most fun that I had in a while."

"So where do you want to go?" I ask once we made it to the car, she stood there contemplating her answer.

"I want to go to the beach."