Chapter Twenty-One

"Wow she better never say anything about me being late again," I mutter to myself as I look at the time on my watch. Last night Mya called me asking if I can meet her for breakfast to discuss about what happened a couple of days ago at the hospital.

Truth be told, I have nothing that I really need to say to her.

I mean, yeah, I understand where she is coming from when it comes to Harriett, but I still think that moving in together is a bad idea.

"Here you go sir, would you like to order now, or do you still want to wait?" my waitress of the morning, Destiny, asks as she places the drinks that I had ordered for Mya and I down on the table.

"I am just going to order for the both of us," I look through the menu already knowing what I am going to order, as she gets her pen and notepad out. "I'll have two orders of your buttermilk pancakes, I will have bacon on the side and the other with your fruit salad," I smile handing her the menus. I knew that Mya probably wanted bacon on the side, just like she probably wanted sweet tea as her drink instead of water. But if she would have been here on time she would have made her own decision.

I continue to sit awkwardly at the table looking like I have just been stood up, maybe I have.

"Come on Mya, where the hell are you?" I ask starting to get impatient. I would have been fine if she was five, ten the max, minutes late, but she is thirty minutes late.

Moments later my phone starts to vibrate on the table telling me that I have an someone is calling me. "Hello?" I answer not even looking at the caller I.D.

"Tanner, I need you to come in today," Tom said through the phone.

"Tom, today is the first day off that I have gotten in a while," I can't believe this bullshit.

"I know but Susan let too many people off this week," what too many people? Last time I remember only Uncle Tom, Aunt Susan, sometimes their daughter, a few people that are seasonal, and myself work at the shop. So basically what I am getting is that she doesn't want to do any work today, like any other time.

Why run a business if you don't want to do the hard work.

"I'll pay you extra, I need you to be here by noon."

"What the fu- it's eleven thirty!"

"So will you come in?" he ask dismissing how last minute this is. The morning rush has past so not much people come in unless they want some pastries.

"Didn't you just higher some seasonal workers yesterday?" I ask trying to find a way not to go in today, but quickly figured out that that wasn't going to work. "Fine, but I'll probably be a few minutes late," I rub my forehead feeling a headache coming.

"Great," the old fucker hangs up in my face without a single goodbye. I really need to find a new job because they don't pay me enough to deal with this shit.

Two minutes later I see Mya cautiously entering the diner scanning the area before spotting me. "I am so sorry, I didn't hear my alarm go off, I kept on gagging every time I tried to brush my teeth, then I couldn't find my keys or phone," she starts to apologize as she slowly slides into the booth. I don't know why she has to do all that when she doesn't have a stomach yet.

When I got out of the hospital I asked Envy to stop by the bookstore so that I can pick up a few pregnancy book. I read all four of them in two days, and I still know nothing about this, but I do know that she won't really be showing until she is good into her second trimester.