Chapter Twenty-Seven

"I bought that house."

"With what money?"

"A little bit of mines and rest is daddy's." she shrugs her shoulders like it's not a big fucking deal.

"You told you father that we are buying a house?" when the hell did all of this happen?

"Is that a problem?"

"No bu- Mya you making it seem like I can't take care of us."

"I am not, I am just trying to help!"

"By telling you dad, yeah that helps a lot."

"What is your problem?"

"Why did you buy the house?"

"I wanted to surprise you, you have been taking care of me since the moment that we came back into each other's lives and I just wanted to show how much that I appreciated you and everything that you have been through while being with me I just you know," she shrugs while looking down trying to hide her face.

Damn I feel like such an ass.

"Tell me how this happen," I need to know.

"Like I said before I have been noticing you looking for houses and so while daddy and I were having our weekly phone conversation I happen to bring you up and how you were looking at houses. I guess it was by the way that I was talking about you he asked me if you were someone special to me, and I said yes. With that I ended up telling him everything that has been going on between us, except for the baby because I want to tell him up front. Even though it probably would have been better over the phone that way he couldn't kill me. But anyways, I showed him this house that I have been looking at for a while and he started to look into it. He's a realtor so he was able to do a little more digging that I can. He found out that the house is foreclosed and has been on the market for almost a year, so he was able to get a good deal on it. He called me, while you were at the store, and told me that he bought the house and is going to put it in your name."

"My name?"

"Yes, Tanner we may have been recently engage, but you were looking for a house way before you thought about marrying me, and plus this is daddy's way of thanking you."

For what again?

"Alright," was all I could say at the moment.

"Alright?"

"Alright," I nod my head as I go up front to pick up my keys.

"Where are you going?" she asks coming up front as I put my hand on the knob.

"I'll be back."

~

"Hey son, what are you doing here, your mother isn't here at the moment," my father says as he opens the door wide enough for me to go through with a surprise expression on his face.

"Good I didn't come to see her." And plus it would make the conversation much easier. "I came to see you," if his mouth could hit the floor it would.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, so can we sit down somewhere?"

"Sure, I was heading towards the den anyways." It is a silent walk as we make our way towards my dad's oasis.

"So what is it that you want to talk about?" he sits down on the couch.

"First I just want to say that I am sorry for the way that I have been treating you. An- don't say anything, I have to get this off my chest. With Mya being pregnant she kinds put it in my mind of what it would be like if our child treats me the way that I have been treating you. You have done so much for me throughout my youth years, even though I'm not yours. I just have to ask one question from you."

"Go ahead."

"Why did you stay with mom after she cheated on you?"

"Honestly, I don't know," he leans forward a little bit deep in thought. "I guess that it is because I am so in love with her that I decided to stay with her through the heartbreak and raise you as if you were my own. I remember when your mother told me that was having an affair with my best friend, of all people, divorce was one of the first things that came through my mind, but when I first felt your little kicks I could leave, which surprised the hell out of me."

"Oh," I lean back into the couch getting comfortable. "Do you know why mom treats Tiffany better than she treats me?'

"My guess is that we have been trying for years to have a child. We were almost forty years old when she gave birth to Tiffany, mind you we got married in our mid-twenties," he lets out a deep breath before continuing. "It was because of me, I had an extremely low sperm count so when she found out that she was pregnant with Tiffany we already dubbed her our little princess, I could even say anything to her without getting a tongue lashing from your mother."

Hmh so nothing has changed?

"So just imagine how surprised we were two years later when she said that she was pregnant again. But she came clean that she was sleeping with my best friend Rick for a year. Till this day I blame myself for that affair happening because of the fact that I was too busy working and I was barley home, she probably got lonely and," he couldn't even finish his sentence without shuddering.

"Don't blame yourself, you didn't tell her to spread her legs to another man when she is still married, like a little hoe." I meant to keep the last part in my mind but whatever.

"Tanner I understand that you are upset but that is still your mother."

Sometimes I wish she wasn't.

"Why are you defending her? Why is everybody in this goddamn house defending everyone but me?"

"I have been defending you! I have been defending you for years!"

"You have been defending me when Tiffany and mother aren't around, you never set them straight when they come for me. But when I retaliate and say something I turn into the fucking bad guy. I'm sick of being the black sheep in this family when I didn't do shit, I didn't ask to be here!"

"Alright you need to control your anger because we are not going anywhere if you keep on lashing out like this."

"I'm only lashing out right now because nobody is fucking listening to me and I'm sick of talking," I jump out of my seat and quickly walk out of the house ignoring his calls as I slam the door shut behind me.

I'm sick of this fucking family.