Chapter Three

"I'm serious do you like her?" Harriett kept asking as I am driving her to the car shop. She is lucky that I don't drop her pregnant behind off at some corner and let her walk to the shop.

Cruel, I don't care?

"You're not going to shut up unless I answer the question are you?" I ask resting my head on the headrest as I came up to a red light.

"Nope so you might as well start answering."

"Yes, I do like her, if you so desperately must know. Have liked her for a while," I stare straight ahead knowing that she is giving me a goofy smile.

"So who is she?" she asks taking my phone that is charging and started playing games. What is up with them two wanting to know so much about each other?

"Back in high school, my ugly duckling days, she was my only friend."

"What do you mean by was?"

"It just ended."

"So when you two start to hang out you're going to ask her why right?"

"It doesn't really matter?"

"But don't you want to know why?"

"Oh I know why I just don't want to relive the past," I shrug my shoulders going when the light finally turns green.

"Oh you're no fun," she sulks into the seat.

"Get over it Harriett," I pull up to the shop where I saw two guys stand while sipping on some sodas. "Oh there is Carlos, I hope that the car is working because we have a lot of groceries," she smiles when the door opens.

"Thanks again dude, I appreciate it," I nod my head not knowing what else I could say.

"Anytime," I finally say not wanting to look like an ass. After he took all of the groceries out of my car, and no I did not help him out. I drove off back to my house where I could call Mya in piece.

-

Okay Tanner just call her she's not gonna hang up in your face you are a grown man not a fucking teenager. Call her! I thought to myself as I was pacing back and forth in my living room with my phone in my hand. It has since been a week and I had yet to call her like I told her I would. I know that I sounded real confident when I was talking to her but right now I am shitting bricks. I slightly jump when my phone started ringing in my hand. I roll my eyes when I see who it was that is calling me.

"Dammit Harriett what do you want?!" I ask when I answered the call.

"I just wanted to see if you called her or if you turned into a chicken again and put it to the side?"

"I was just about to until you did, stop calling me!"

"Okay geez sorry, but I will warn you that I will be calling you back later to see if you have," she hangs up.

I look down at the phone wondering why I still have her around. I mean most guys that I know wouldn't still be friends with their ex-girlfriend who put him through what she put me through. Hell most guys wouldn't even put up with what Mya has done to me.

Maybe I am just a nice guy?

"Okay, I am going to call her tomorrow, just to give her time?" I said to myself, I tend to do that whenever I get nervous. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that when my phone rang I jumped I looked at the caller id before I got all excited, my heart skipped a couple of beats when I saw that it was Mya. Take a deep breaths breathe.