Happy New Year...

Disclaimer: I do not own The Academy series and am not making any money from this. This scene is set about four years after graduating from high school.

please remember that this is a work of fiction. I am a firm believer in world peace and that all things can be solved with words. Unfortunately, not everything will happen as such.

Please buy stock in Kleenex before reading this story, have several boxes available. I am not responsible for the tears of happiness, joy, fear, or pain shed. (Okay... I am). ENJOY!!

Sang:

January 1st. It had been such a fun New Year's Day. We had stayed up late to watch the ball drop in Time's Square. Then spent the rest of the evening finishing off the bottle of champagne and having a slumber party in the den. Our den. We played Monopoly, which Luke won. Sean was disqualified, as Owen put it, for taking time out for tickles. Victor pulled out his black card and said that it was time to make it a real game. Kota snatched it up and tossed it to Gabriel, who then ran off and put it who knows where. North started throwing a fit about too many interruptions, to which another tickle time was started. Then Silas just held me in his lap and distracted everyone while I "tried" to clean up the properties. Like I said, I lost- Luke won.

We all fell asleep in the pile of pillows in the middle of the room. I counted each of my boys before falling asleep. 52, Mr. Blackbourne, Dr. Sean, Honey, Mr. Victor, Meanie, Always, Northstar, and Superman. I was one happy girl. The bubbly didn't hurt either.

When we awoke, we cleaned our house and ordered Chinese for lunch.

As we sat down to eat, Owen turned on the TV.

"This is the Emergency Broadcast System. Please standby for a special Presidential announcement"

"Turn it up Owen." Sean asked quietly.

"I believe it is loud enough."

North stood up and grabbed the remote out of his hand before he had a chance to block. "All she has been doing is talking for the last six months. Go here, do this, fix that. Fucking Christ! Let's enjoy today." As he was going to turn off the TV, there was a commotion as the cameras' were trying to focus in on the President.

She cleared her throat, and looks really nervous. "My fellow Americans. During my first four years as your president I and other leaders of the world had strived to make world peace in our time a reality. Since the calamity six months ago, that dream is now dead. As of 1:00 p.m. EST, we are war with the Russia-Mid East Alliance. We are currently tracking in-bound nuclear missiles. Take whatever precautions, and please take time with your loved ones. May God make us victorious."

There was complete silence. No cameras going off in the background, or greedy media trying to get a question in. Nothing.

BOOM! And the lights went out at the White House.

"Oy! Fucking Shit!" Gabriel grabbed for me.

I think I tried to scream, because the lights went out here too...