Chapter 18

I didn’t ever expected that I will find my love in a world known football player. Even harder to imagine that he feels the same for me. It’s like a little fairytale. Our own happy end. And I love happy ends. Now, everything I’ve ever wanted is happening to me.

As we pulled away from each other I just hugged him. I don’t want him to go anymore. I want him to be mine like forever. But officially, we’re not even a couple. I know, it is actually not necessary to ask anymore, because it is obvious and clear. But I would really like to hear an official question from him.

“Well.”, a familiar voice said, better to say, shouted, making Marco and me turning around. “I’m away for less than 5 minutes and when I come back I’ll see you two making out? What happened to you?”

“Shut up, Götze.”, I said grinning, still having my arms around Marcos neck. “I’m sorry for your jealousy.”

“I’m not jealous. I just wonder that it finally took so long by your together.”

Kinda, he’s right. It took like a lifetime by we got happy. We fought a lot but then became friends, but actually, we’ve never been friends. Well. We were, but I know that we wanted to be more than this, at any time. But I don’t want to spend too many thoughts on it. I know that life is unfair and our happiness could be over soon, so, I really wanna enjoy this time with him, trying not to destroy it or even making him run away from me.

“Let’s go a bit outside of the water. I feel cold.”, I said to him. 

“Sure.”, he replies and lifts me up.

“Marco! Let me down!”

“No way. You’re now my princess, so, I’ll carry you out of the water!”, he grinned. 

The mere thought of it makes me smile. His princess. And no one else’s. I finally give in and let me carry to the beach, before he carefully put me down on my towel. He sits down right next to me and puts his arm around my waist. I smile at him and so does he. Mario just stood there and watched us - smirking.

“What?”, Marco asks him, not looking at him, but at me.

“Nothing. I’ll leave you a bit, alright? But. Please. Take a room if you… Yeah I guess you know what I mean.”

Before he finished his sentence I already threw a shoe at him, making him screaming like a five-year-old girl who misses her doll. I grinned and lay down my head on Marcos shoulder. Mario finally left and so, we can enjoy the togetherness again. 

The first moments, we didn’t say anything. We just sat there and cuddled with one another, before he finally began to talk.

“Well.”, he said, facing me now. “I don’t really know how to do this, but… I really wanna do it.”

I sit up and stared in his beautiful greenish eyes. “What do you mean? The last time you said this you told me that you love me.”, I smile now. 

“But now, it’s a bit more serious.”, he said, smiling too.”

“Well. I think that was also kind of serious.”

“Yeah… I know. But. Let me finish.”, he said, giggling. “Okay.” 

He get on his knees like he wanna propose to me. Okay, it’s kinda weird, but yes. Like that does it look like now. I just smile at the ground shaking my head, as he takes my hands in his.

“But you ain’t gonna propose to me now, are you?”, I giggled, smiling brightly.

“No!”, he says as fast as possible. “That would be much too early, but, I guess in about a year you can expect this from me.”, he replies on my rhetorical question, making me smile once more. “No, what I actually want to do now is…”, he stopped once more taking a last deep breath. “Amélie. I… I know we’ve been through so many things. We became friends because of your dad. Then we fought because of a stupid misunderstanding but became friends once more. Best friends, to be honest. But. I never wanted to be your best friend. I wanted to be more than this. Right from the beginning. From the moment I saw you first I’ve been a tiny little bit in love with you. You… You’re the most beautiful girl on earth. The cleverest. The cutest. But you’re not mine, yet. So. Oh god I’m beating around the bush.”