Chapter 17

I sit here in shock. My feelings are riding a rollercoaster today. First, everything has been perfect. Then he talked in his dreams and broke my heart, because he told me that he's in love with someone. And now, I'm that someone. Those butterflies in my stomach are going to kill me. I looked up and our eyes met. I definitely know what is going to happen right now.

He put his hands on my cheeks and pulled my head closer to his. I closed my eyes, waiting for the moment when our lips will meet the first time and prompt the hugest firework in a lifetime. I could already feel his breath on my lips and slightly opened mine. But suddenly, our plans changed.

"Seriously?!", he mumbled against my lips and took his mobile out of his pocket, obviously really pissed off. "What?"

I never really saw him that angry. I don't know who he's talking to, but I think it doesn't matter in that situation. Self-consciously, I looked down, biting my lower lip. I don't interrupt his conversation and hold on by he finished. Finally, he cancels the call and looks at me. I respond and connect our eyes with another.

"I'm sorry. Mario just called me to say that he still has my charging cable. If that didn't have any more time.", he says and ended up in mumbling the last words.

I stroke over his cheek with my hand and looked at him. I try to make him feel that it's not his fault, but you cannot imagine, how hard this really is. His glance is still very annoyed, angry, but sad at the same time.

"C'mon let's go back inside, you have to get ready for training.", I said, standing up while I still held his hand. 

He stands up and takes a look at me. He's so much taller than me, like taller by a head. Our eyes met once more before he pressed his lips on my forehead. I put my arms around him, laying my head on his chest. He pulled me closer for a little while. I know that we looked cute.

- after the training -

"Okay, you all have to be at the stadium at 2:30pm. Our flight goes at 7pm, be sure that you won't be late. It's the first match of this seasons champions league and I don't want you to think that we're already through just because the team's called FC Nordsjælland and comes from Denmark. That doesn't matter. I want you to take the whole match as serious as a match against the best team of the world."

Jürgen Klopp holds his speech just like anytime before a match. I smiled inside when he told them to play serious football. I didn't even know that this team exists. 

Kindly, I stand at the fence, waiting for the coach to let his team go. Finally, he did and Marco comes towards me, chatting with Mario. I don't know whether he knows about everything between me and Marco, but I think so.

"Hey.", he slightly said, hugging me before he kisses my head.

"Hi.", Mario says as he hugs me, too. "Wanna go to the lake with us? It's pretty good weather."

"Hey. Yeah sure, why not. But. I have to go home to change into my bikini and take a towel.", I smiled back as they both put me in a hug. "So, can you bring me home, quickly?", I asked Marco.

Of course, he agreed and soon I sat next to him in his car. Mario joined us. As fast as never before, I got back home. My mom is still at work and so, I don't have to explain anyone where I am going. I locked myself in the bathroom and changed my normal underwear to my bikini. But this isn't as easy as I thought. I love the black bikini with the ribbons, but I also like the cute rosé-coloured one. In my thoughts, I get the perfect idea. First, I slipped into the black one, after in the other one. I took a photo of myself in both and send it to Marco, hoping he can choose for me. 

From Marco: Do you really believe I can catch any normal thought if you send me... this? Take the rosé one. x

I smile to myself because of his reaction. I didn't ever think that I could have such an effect on a guy. But Marco really makes me feel beautiful, special, important.

I quickly get into the bikini, grabbed a towel and tied my hair into a messy bun. I put some shorts and a much bigger shirt on before I slipped into my ballerinas and leave the house. I run towards Marco's car and got inside. He smiles at me for some reason I know. I grinned back and shake my head.

"What?", Mario asked not having any clue. 

"No, nothing.", I simply response.

On the way to the lake we don't talk to one another. I really hate this silence. I don't get why we're always quiet in car, not saying a word. I finally decide to turn the radio on. I don't wanted to ask Marco and so, I just did it. 

"I'd like to be everything you want. Hey girl, let me talk to you. If I-", the radio played.

I looked to Marco, raising an eyebrow. "Justin? Are you serious? Even in your car?"

"Why not?", he answers, getting red at his cheeks, before he looks to me. "Okay wait, I'll switch the radio on."

I smiled because of my victory, but there is this annoying silence once more. I finally watch out of the window and observe the landscape. I don't know for how long we're gonna be in the car. I'm like a little child when it's about going by car - I can't ever wait by I arrived the target.

"How long does it take? I know I'm annoying."

"Well, I actually already waited for you to ask me that.", Marco responses. "It's only 2 more minutes." 

Just like he said, a few moments later we arrived at the lake. There aren't so many people. I guess, many don't know about this place. It's really beautiful, though. 

I grab my towel and go to the, more or less, beach. I put it down and laid down on it. Marco just sat down in the sand, next to me. 

"Wanna come in the water with us?", Marco asks me with the cutest tone he could do with his voice. 

"Sure, wait. I'm gonna take my shirt off.", I said and looked at him. "By the way, don't you wanna take your clothing off? I guess, going into the water with all these clothing would not be very comfortable or something like this."

He grins at me and takes his shirt off. I watched him doing so and am kinda fascinated by his appearance. I know, I already saw him shirtless. But he's even more beautiful when the sun shines at him. 

"Why are you staring at me?", he asked me with an evil grin on his face. 

"I'm not staring at you.", I defended myself. "I just... searched for Mario in the lake. He's there."

I really had to learn how I can lie without being caught. I stand up and go into the lake, followed by Marco. The water is pretty cold and so, I go very slowly, what isn't the cleverest idea of mine. As soon as I am near enough to Mario he splashes water all over me. I scream because of the coolness of it. Marco just laughed instead of helping me. 

After like three minutes in the hell, he stopped and went outside of the water because his mobile rang, for my luck. I tried to fix my hair, but I soon surrender.

"You look beautiful, don't care.", Marco said, putting his arms around my waist. 

Again those butterflies in my stomach. I put my arms around his neck and locked my eyes with his. He grimaces, making me laugh. No other guy ever could make me laugh. Another reason why it's actually been obvious that I would fall for him.

"Guys? I'll be right back.", Mario shouted from the beach.

Reflex, Marco and me watched him going away. When we couldn't see him anymore, Marco turned back, facing me once more. I smile as he strengthen his grasp around my waist.

"So... We're alone for now.", he says smirking.

"Yeah, I think so.", I quickly answer, before the butterflies in my stomach prompt a firework once again.

"Well. For now... We could... catch up on what we couldn't... do in the morning... Because some stupid people... I don't wanna say any name like Mario... interrupted us.", he mumbled, smiling all over his face.

I just laugh and bite my lower lip, before I slowly moved my head towards his. I don't really know what I am doing, but it feels so right. 

His lips are like a few millimetres away from mine so that I could already feel his hot breath. Slightly, our lips already touched, before I retreat a little, making one last connection with his eyes. Now, there is this sparkle he had when he talked about me in the morning again. I don't think much about it and just pressed my lips on his and enjoy the firework in my stomach.