⓯Favorite Fanfiction❁

Hey guys and welcome to the October Favourite Fanfiction session! Today I'll be discussing three stories, two of which are on wattpad and one of which is on fanfiction.net.

.

Number one on my list is Texts From A Stranger by DestinyGirlz.

Texts From A Stranger is written in the point of view of Yugi Mutou, a sixteen year old student at Domino High who, for Christmas, has gotten a new phone. While pranking his friends who still don't know his new number, he gets a text from someone he has never heard of before. After they laugh off the somewhat embarrassing moment, they continue texting and growing closer to one another.

Although Yugi's friends are skeptical, the person texting Yugi turns out to be exactly who he says he is; seventeen year old Yami Sennen from Renka with his two psychotic cousins, Bakura and Marik. After roleplaying with them online, Ryou soon learns that he knew Bakura more than anyone else, while Malik exchanges numbers with Marik. While on a visit with his cousin Keira, and her soul mate Ami (the way I look at it), Yugi meets Duke Devlin - who happens to know Yami and his cousins and promises to orchestrate a meeting. (Provided Yugi beats him in a duel)

Although looking forward to this meeting, Yugi had a bad past in Renka and though he is overcoming it, he may need Yami's help to do it. Things go smoothly for a while, and Yami even joins their school. But before long, Valentine's Day is upon them. A day that Yugi had a very bad past with. The day his mother was buried. However, they along with Ryou and Bakura, and Malik and Marik, manage to make it as a couple even with the odds being stacked against them.

But pair his past - which only Anzu really knows along with homophobic bullies - and the workings of new love, and you've got a recipe for disaster. Which is exactly what Yami and Yugi have to deal with.

The story hasn't been completed yet, but it has made my top fanfiction because of the author's fantastic writing style and her ability to draw you into the story with the first paragraph of writing with the amusing interactions between Anzu, Yugi, Ryou and the ever-gullible Joey. This is a must-read story for every Yu-Gi-Oh! lover on wattpad.

.

The second story I will be addressing today is a gem that I only discovered a few days ago on fanfiction.net by the recommendation of one of my friends.

A Fairy Story by sitabethel.

The story follows the brothers Ryo and Bakura, along with Bakura's lover Marik, as they journey from the stage to the wagon that they call home only to have Ryo captured by a pirate known as Kek who is looking for ransom and mistook Ryo - who was still in a dress from the play he had been in - for a female, or devotchka.Upon realizing that he was a male - or a malchick - Kek lends Ryo a pair of trousers and a shirt to leave, but Ryo has no intention of leaving. Bakura and Marik, who have only just learned of Ryo's capture, go to rescue him only to find him in bed with Kek.After they leave, it is discovered that Kek is a priest from Marik's native land who escaped. Marik warns Ryo that Kek is being hunted down, and that if he broke any of the vows on his back, he would die. Ryo learns that the only vow Kek broke was that he could not have intercourse, which he broke for Ryo.Wanting to spend more time with Kek, Ryo convinces Marik and Bakura to follow them on a journey to find treasure. Their trip on Kek's ship La Muerta is far from pleasant with no clean water to bathe in, Drought overdoses and rats, but they make do until they find the treasure.Which is where the Hunters - a group of immortal priests who tracked down escapees - found Marik. Marik made Ryo promise not to fight for him, but Ryo also promised that no matter what, he would find Kek again.

In order to do this, he and Bakura journey to the East with Marik to see Marik's oracle sister Isis, who tells Ryo about the Trial Kek will face. The Trial was a process given to all rogue priests when they were captured. They would be put to sleep in a dream of unending nightmares until their heart gave up. Upon realizing that there was hope to save Kek, Isis sends Ryo the Northern way, where she insists that he will find himself.On the way, Ryo makes himself known as a hero as he wields Glass - a sword that chooses its owner and gives anyone else that touches it frostbite - and saves a village of slaves. As they near the point where they will travel by boat to reach the island Kek is on, Marik collapses from the cold and is brought to the nearest healer by Bakura, who collapses as well. After bargaining with a Northern god, Ryo manages to get the potion that will save them and also realises that he isn't an orphan as he thought.He was the son of the Northern god. As soon as Bakura and Marik are awake and well, they travel to the exile island and fight the Hunters, who only Ryo can kill with Glass. Despite the protests of it being impossible to wake anyone from the Trial, Ryo is determined to see Kek's eyes open.I won't say anymore as it will ruin the ending, but it is a story written by a fantastic author in another world that is set up with its own customs, phrases, drinks and songs. When I finished reading it, I couldn't quite interpret what I was feeling, and it is the first fanfiction that has ever made me feel that way. This is also a must read for any Deathshipping or Citronshipping lovers, as well as a must-read for Yu-Gi-Oh! lovers in general.

.

The final fanfiction that I will be talking about is The Boy in the Attic by DDLDarkHeartofWater.

The story starts off with Yami Sennen moving into Domino across the road from Yugi Mutou with his adopted brothers Bakura and Marik. However, he hides his story from Yugi for as long as he possibly can, and only tells him when his brothers and circumstances leave him no other option.He and his brothers are trapped in the attic of their house by their father who abuses them daily. They have no escape and the last people who tried to help them ended up dead. They have phones and computers, but refuse to run the risk of calling the police or doing anything aside from texting Yugi or ordering things online. If their father found out, everyone involved would be dead. Including the three brothers.

Despite the knowledge of this, Yugi insists on helping along with his friends and do their best to find a way to get the three out of the house, despite the troubles going on in their own lives.Ryou's mother, a drug abuser, returned and turned his life upside down. Malik's father insists on performing the religious ritual on him yearly. Joey's father is abusive. Duke's father is dead. Seto has a crush, and Tristan has no idea what to do anymore.

While with the brothers, an old ghost has appeared out of Bakura's past. A ghost in the form of Yami's uncle.But they still manage to find a way to help.Seto has plenty of miniature cameras at his disposal so Yugi suggests using them to catch Yami's father abusing them on camera and taking it to the police so that there would be no 'are you sure about this?' formalities. They agree on the plan, despite Seto's warnings that it may not work.

This is as far as the story has gotten so far but it has made this list because of the authors' ability to go from light-hearted humour to dark, angsty moments in the time it takes to snap your fingers as well as their ability to keep subplots tied to the main plot and give each character time to shine with their own points of view and back-stories.

.

Well, that's all for this month's favourite fanfiction section and I hope to see you all again next month. Enjoy the end of the magazine.