⓶Interview: DestinyGirlz ⚡

Interview by SenaReid
Interviewing DestinyGirlz, Author of 'Texts From A Stranger'

I've always wanted to know, what motivates you to continue writing TFAS?

The story and the characters, and mostly the fans' reaction to what is to come! I rely heavily on y'alls feedback ;)

-

Just lovely~ It's great to have writers like you! Is it hard for you to write about so many other characters or does it keep it interesting for you?

It used to not be so hard but now I find myself mainly wanting to focus on Yugi and Yami with just here-and-there interactions with the other characters. I guess it's because I feel like if I put the other characters in there too much then it will be more like a side story branching off from the main one, and I really want to finish the main one right now. (I feel like I'm taking a Clannad approach lol)

-

Ah..makes sense. It adds great detail to the story with the other characters, but I get that feeling. When you write, do you read others stories to get some new ideas?

For other works sometimes I get plot bunnies from reading something else, but essentially for TFAS and my newest YGO fic, Would You Remember Me Tomorrow, the anime Clannad and its After Story has always served for the most inspiration. It was the first slice-of-life series I got into and kind of molded what I wanted TFAS to be. But as I say to new writers or ones looking to improve, reading does help with polishing your writing and finding your own style. =)

-

Interesting to know! When writing TFAS, what is your thought process?

Listen to Breaking Benjamin Dear Agony album while channeling Yugi mostly, lol. I know all of the scenes I want to do for each Text, so I just try to get in a writing zone to finish such scenes.

-

Alright, last questions. Do you relate to the stuff you write about in TFAS? Also, is there anything you would like to say to your followers?

Yes I do, either from personal experience or just what I've experienced through others in trying to understand people's problems better. The whole premise of TFAS is learning to grow up and if life knocks you down (sometimes in the worst way possible) then you get back up and learn from your mistakes. It's that life has its ups and downs and you have to find happiness your own way and love the people you're with. TFAS has helped me grow in writing and reach out to people and I hope it helps everyone in some way. Thank you all so much for supporting me throughout the years and God bless!! <3

-

You're an amazing author. Most people don't write stories as deep as yours. I'm so glad I found your stories. They have helped me a lot with my writing and others writings also! Thank you for letting me interview you.

Thank YOU so much for your words and for the interview! It was fun! =)