⓬The Ships♥

Puzzleshipping is a well-known Yu-Gi-Oh pairing, especially among fangirls. It is the relationship between Yugi Muto and Yami Yugi. As all of you should know, Yugi Muto is the short and timid main character of the franchise. Yami Yugi is often depicted as Yugi's alter ego which isn't entirely wrong but isn't entirely right either. Yami Yugi is the 5,000 year-old spirit (3,000 in the manga) of Pharaoh Atem.

The reason why many fans ship the pairing (including myself) is because throughout the entire series, Yugi and Yami have a very special, unbreakable bond that most couples can only dream about. Yugi has a very deep admiration and respect for Yami, he is always known to depend on the spirit for the confidence that Yugi himself lacks greatly. Yami is always happy to help his aibou in any way he can which is why he is known to be seen right by Yugi's side. The two are completely reliant on one another, Yugi for Yami's confidence and Yami for Yugi's connection to the puzzle. Though, neither Yugi nor Yami take advantage of one another whatsoever.

Something else you all should know is that Yami and Yugi don't rely on one another just because they have something the other needs, but because they both trust each other deeply and care for one another. The two have been through so much together and yet they're still inseparable. I believe the pair has an ideal relationship, they are equal and would never try to hurt the other in any way. Yami and Yugi care for each other very deeply and would always accept the other, no matter what. The two have a deeper connection than anything humanly possible.

On a more romantic level, Yami and Yugi would only grow closer with the deepest love and yearning for one another. They would never want to be away from each other, and just a single second without the other there with them would change their mood drastically. Yami would hold his hikari close and whisper sweet nothings into his ear while Yugi would lean in and listen intently to every word that Yami would say. The pair would look into each other's eyes and get lost in one another's exotic gaze. Yami and Yugi share both a spiritual and physical bond, never truly being away from each other when they are separated.

If Yugi were sad and crying, Yami would be crying right there with him. If Yugi was happy as can be, Yami would be smiling right next to him. If someone hurt Yugi, Yami would be doing everything in his power to console his love. Anything that happened to one of them would affect the other, no matter how small or insignificant it might seem. The connection between the two would be unbreakable and the absolute perfection would be undeniable.

Of course they would have their fights and misunderstandings, but their bond is something too strong to be broken by a simple mistake. Every time they might have a falling out, they would always be able to get back together. They are a perfect balance of each other, for light cannot be without darkness and darkness cannot be without light. Their love would still be present even after their deaths and would continue for eternity. To me, Yami and Yugi is possibly the best example of the perfect couple.