⓹One-Shot✍

Title: Dance With Me
Written by KenaShadows
Zexal; Keyshipping

..................................................................................

"Yuma?" The voice asks from the other side of the door. Ruby eyes flick away from the mirror to focus on the door for a moment, and the spirit that he knew so well was waiting for him. Yuma grins and finishes tying the strings of his cape, nodding happily and spinning on his heel; he opens the door and winks at the spirit that blinks slowly, a look of confusion clearly visible on his face.

"Done! Now we can head out Astral!" Yuma cheers as he makes his way to his room, entering it and plopping down on his bed. Ruby eyes watches as mismatched silver-gold eyes scans his face before lowering to scan the clothes he now wore, a pale-blue hand reaches out and pokes the red tie that matched the owner's eyes.

"Where are we going to Yuma?" Astral asks curiously as he hovers closer just as Yuma rose up onto his elbows and reached for one of the spirit's cool hands; the feel of long fingers intertwining with his own had a shiver running down the boy's back. Shifting until he was sitting at the edge of his bed, Yuma tugs Astral with him as his free hand works to slip his black boots on. Raising to his feet, the boy leads the spirit out of his room and down the stairs, reluctantly releasing Astral's cool hand when they reach the last step. Smiling over his shoulder, Yuma makes his way to the front door, pausing when a familiar warm-wrinkled hand grabs his elbow. He turns and instinctively lowers to a crouch just as Grandma Haru offers him a smile and a tilt of her head.

"You'll be back before late?" She asks softly which causes Yuma to reach forward and envelop his Grandmother in a hug. Smiling when her arms wrap around his shoulders and squeeze, he pulls back and presses a kiss to her cheek. Yuma then swiftly rises to his feet and offers a salute.

"You bet Grandma! I'll see you!" Yuma bolts for the door just as the familiar sounds of his sister's footsteps echo down the stairs. With Astral following just behind him, they reach the street before the sound of the front door opens and Kari's voice fills the streets.

"You better get back here before eleven Yuma! Or so help me!" Yuma laughs as he bolts down the street, cape whipping freely behind him as he takes a left and then a right - Astral's comfortable presence draws closer as they near the center of town.

"Yuma, where are we going?" Astral asks once more as Yuma pauses at an intersection, making the boy blink and glance up at the spirit hovering just a few inches away from him. He grins and spreads his arms wide under the thin material of his cape.

"I'm dressed up for a special event. Do you remember what Tori and Cat were talking about earlier in class?" Yuma watches as confusion flashes across Astral's face, and when the light turned green they both move forward with the rest of the crowd. The spirit's head tilts and his eyes blink twice just as Yuma hums softly as they take a right down the crowded streets.

"That today was something called 'Halloween' and that everyone was invited to a party?" Astral states with a frown. Yuma grins happily at the spirit and offers a nod, and then they reach another intersection and wait for the light to turn green.

"Right, so now we're going to the party mentioned earlier. I think it's being held at Shark's house." Yuma informs his friend under his breath; Astral tilts his head in interest and offers a nod as the light flashes green.

"So what happens at this party Yuma? And why dress up?" Yuma shakes his head fondly at the questions, just like Astral to ask them; then again it was just like the spirit, he did like knowledge after all.

"Simply put, at a Halloween party, everyone dresses up as anything they want. I chose a vampire 'cause it looks totally awesome and I like it. We get to hang out with our friends and eats lots of junk food and get hyper on soda!" Yuma states proudly, spinning on his heel and Astral continues to give him curious looks. They reach the familiar streets that normally take them to Yuma's school, taking a right and then left, the sounds of cars and people begin to dull until they fade completely into silence.