⓫Card Talk⚜

What do The Dark Magician and Winged Kuriboh have in common? Simple! They are the ace monsters of Yugi and Jaden, the beloved protagonists of Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

The Dark Magician: Lv. 7 Dark/Spellcaster ATK/2500 DEF/2100

Although The Dark Magician has no effect itself, if you combine it with other monsters it can create a truly fearsome combo capable of defeating even the Blackwings and the Six Samurai - two well-known and strong deck archetypes.

Of course, with The Dark Magician comes Dark Magician Girl.

Dark Magician Girl: Lv. 6 Dark/Spellcaster ATK/2000 DEF/1700

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every "Dark Magician" or "Magician of Black Chaos" in either player's graveyard.

And with Dark Magician Girl's effect in mind, Magician of Black Chaos is a strong ritual monster that you can summon quite easily, as long as you have enough monsters and Black Magic Ritual.

Black Magic Ritual: [Ritual Spell] This card is used to Ritual Summon "Magician of Black Chaos". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 8 or more.

Magician of Black Chaos: Lv. 8 Dark/Spellcaster ATK/2800 DEF/2600

Effect: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Black Magic Ritual".

But these dark spellcasters aren't just for ritual monsters! They can also fuse together and create a powerful Fusion monster. And now that I think of it, Fusion and Ritual are a lot alike; Fusion only needs Polymerization and then limited monsters, then Ritual needs monsters but has limited ritual spells.

It's a good idea to use "The Eye of Timaeus due to the fact that the Fusion monsters with "Dark Magician (Girl)" is extremely helpful with the use of the aforementioned spell.

The Eye of Timaeus: Target one "Dark Magician" monster you control; Fusion Summon one Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck that lists that monster on the field as a Fusion Material Monster, using it as the Fusion Material. You can only activate one "The Eye of Timaeus" per turn.

One such example is Amulet Dragon.

Amulet Dragon: Lv. 8 Dark/Dragon ATK/2900 DEF/2500

Effect: "Dark Magician" + 1 Dragon-Type Monster

Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters [When using Polymerization] or with "They Eye of Timaeus", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: Target any number of Spell Cards in any Graveyard(s) (min.1); banish those targets, and if you do, this card gains 100 ATK for each card banished by this effect. If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon that target.

With Amulet Dragon, you can recycle Dark Magician, and it's practically a never-ending cycle, you can use another Eye of Timaeus, and if you have another Amulet Dragon: Bam! Combo!

In conclusion, a Dark Magician deck utilizes many attributes, mostly comprising of Spellcasters and Dragon-types.

---

Who's the duel spirit that we all adore and love? It's Winged Kuriboh! Okay, maybe not you, but I know I adore him.

Winged Kuriboh is an adorable, yet fearsome monster. Winged Kuriboh itself is not necessarily strong, but once you bust out Winged Kuriboh Lv. 10, you've got yourself a monster that will most likely lead you to victory!

Winged Kuriboh: Lv. 1 Light/Fairy ATK/300 DEF/200

Effect: If this card on the field id destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: For the rest of this turn, you take no battle damage.

Winged Kuriboh and Kuriboh both have effects that negate battle damage, which is useful for against a power deck. If you use Transcendent Wings along with Winged Kuriboh, bam! The 'Power' deck your opponent created to defeat you is going to destroy themselves. How so?

Transcendent Wings: Send one Winged Kuriboh you control and two cards from your hand to the Graveyard; Special summon one "Winged Kuriboh LV10" from your hand or deck.

This card is required to summon Winged Kuriboh LV10, but if you're up against some tough monsters, dish out this combo and whazam! Those monsters will be history!

Winged Kuriboh LV10: Lv. 10 Light/Fairy ATK/300 DEF/200

Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned with "Transcendent Wings" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During your opponent's Battle Phase: You can Tribute this face-up card; destroy all Attack Position monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined original ATK of those destroy monster(s).

In addition to both Winged Kuriboh and Winged Kurboh LV10, there is also Winged Kuriboh LV9. Winged Kuriboh LV9 is more useful once the battle has been dragged out for a while since its attack is based on how many spell cards are currently in your opponent's graveyard; however, if your opponent is using a Super Heavy Samurai deck, then tough luck. (Super Heavy Samurai is the deck archetype that Gongenzaka/Gong uses in Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V.) Nevertheless, most decks will utilize spell cards in some way, and Winged Kuriboh LV9 is a great way to use convert those spells into attack strength!

Winged Kuriboh LV9: Lv. 9 Light/Fairy ATK/? DEF?

Effect: During either player's turn, as Chain Link 3 or higher: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Spell Cards that have been activated are banished instead of being sent to the graveyard. The ATK and DEF of this card are each equal to the number of Spell Cards in your opponent's Graveyard x 500. You can only control 1 face-up "Winged Kuriboh LV9".

A fast way to get Winged Kuriboh onto the field is by using the spell card Flute of Summoning Kuriboh. With it, you can automatically special summon Winged Kuriboh from your deck, or you can add it to your hand [from your deck].

To summarize, Winged Kuriboh is a cute monster, but once evolved, it definitely packs a strong punch!

Both of these deck archetypes are simple and strong, which is an easier road to victory.