Chapter Twelve - LarryAndHustin

Louis' POV

This is probably the most awkward photo shoot we've ever had. The photographer keeps trying to get me close to Harry, but either he or I come up with some bullshit excuse as to why we should be photographed near someone else.

"Okay, so I need Zayn and Liam for this next picture, and then you guys get a five minute break," the photographer announced, summoning Zayn and Liam to the backdrop.

He took a few minutes to get everything exactly how he wanted it, then he took the picture. The boys walked over to me and Niall, and we then made our way over to the food tables. Harry followed close behind us, looking at the ground.

Suddenly I felt someone tapping on my shoulder as I filled my plate with an assortment of snacks.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I heard Harry ask weakly, his voice catching at the end.

"Can't you see I'm trying to get food?" I replied coldly, trying to keep myself composed.

"Please, Lou? I promise I won't get mad or shout or anything. I just wanna talk. Nothing more. You don't have to say anything, just listen. And then, if you really have nothing to say, you can walk away. I'll suck it up and act like nothing ever happened, and I'll never bother you again," he said, following me as I moved down the line, trying to get away. I put the last piece of food that would fit onto my now crammed plate on the very corner, biting the end off so it wouldn't hang over the edge and slip.

"Fine," I sighed, turning to face him. Wordlessly, he started walking towards an empty hallway and stopped when he reached somewhere that no one would find us.

"So?" I asked, leaning against the brick wall.

"I know you probably hate me, and I'm sorry. For everything. For what I said in the flat... for what I said for these past three years we've known each other. Anything I've ever said to you that hurt, confused, or did anything else to you. I understand if you never speak to me again, but just know, everything I said to you about my feelings in that house... I meant it. I was telling the truth. I-It wasn't just a game..." he finished with a sigh, tears welling over, messing up all the makeup the artists put on him even though he really didn't need it.

"Thank you... for that," I said in a monotone, turning and walking away.

Back down the empty hallway.

Back near the tables where everyone was eating their food.

"Lou! Where'd you and Harry go? We looked all over!" I heard a voice call out but I couldn't tell if it was Liam or Zayn.

I didn't answer.

Just kept walking.

Past all the staff.

Past the backdrops and cameras.

Past the lobby desk with the cheerful receptionists smiling at me.

Right out the front door.

Right into the crowds of fans and paparazzi.

Past the huge cameras and flashes.

Past the fans screaming my name, trying to get even one glimpse of me.

But they didn't get it.

Not even one.

I kept my head down, walking past everyone.

I didn't know how far the flat was from the studio, and I didn't really care.

I walked past everything.

Not to any place in particular, just kept on walking.

Past all the people.

All the things.

All of my problems.