chapter 19

Friday came and went in the blink of an eye. Both Fallon and I cried when Reginae left. The house seemed so quiet without her cheerful chatter. Things with Ryan hadn't gotten any better, he had been beyond pissed about the custody agreement. I refused to argue with him and told him to either sign it or get a lawyer. Tilson had advised me that from his talks with Ryan he was almost positive he was just blowing hot air. Sure enough it only took a week for Ryan to give in and sign the papers, his only stipulation was he wanted Fallon for the rest of the summer. I hesitantly agreed. The papers classified summer as June, July, and August, so that means he would get Fallon for the remainder of the month.

I was sad as I packed Fallon's bag, but also happy Wayne would be home soon. His interview with BET was scheduled for Sunday, so I prepared myself to talk to Ryan when we met at the airport in Dallas. The plane ride there seemed to take forever, Fallon talked nonstop about anything and everything that came to her mind. It was amazing that she had yet to slip and tell Ryan about the baby. As we landed Ryan was waiting for us at the gate. Wayne didn't like idea of me meeting Ryan alone but had finally gave in after I told him I had been dealing with him forever without him. Fallon ran to Ryan and jumped in his arms as soon as she saw him. I rolled my eyes as I followed them to the baggage claim. "So when is your flight out?" I shrugged looking Ryan up and down. "In about two hours." Ryan grabbed Fallon's bad. "You wanna grab a bite to eat with us here." I frowned knowing Ryan was up to something. "Yeah, I actually need to talk to you." Ryan gave me a look and I felt a knot form in my stomach.

We picked a little burger restaurant that had seating. As we sat down I felt awkward having Ryan across from me. Fallon sat in a booster seat beside him. "So what do you want to talk to me about?"I had just taken a bite of my burger so I held a finger up letting him know it would be a minute. "Well I just wanted you to hear this from me..." Ryan cut in. "What Wayne done drop your ass?" Fallon cut her eyes at Ryan looking confused. "No, Ryan look, Wayne and I are engaged. I gasped as Ryan reached across the table and jerked my left hand pulling it to him. Out of nowhere I heard a voice say "let her go now." Ryan dropped my hand like it had caught fire, I turned around and saw Rasheed, one of Wayne's bodyguards. "What the hell, Wayne had you follow me?" Rasheed looked at me. "I'll be in the corner if you need me." I closed my eyes, damn it Wayne. I opened my eyes looking at Ryan and could tell he was beyond furious. "Look Ryan I didn't know." Ryan laughed. "Oh its all good, your boy was afraid I'd fuck up his bitches pretty little face." Fallon was wide eyed. "Ryan please don't talk like that in front of her." Ryan threw his hands up. "Well congrats, I guess, I never saw you as a gold digging whore but go head." I sighed "Ryan enough OK, would you rather me tell you or to find out on TV or some shit?" Ryan smirked. "Baby I couldn't care more about you." I let out a deep breath. "Good then you wont have shit to say when I tell you I'm pregnant." Ryan clapped his hands. "Maci you fucking idiot, that's why he proposed huh?" I shrugged. "I don't know Ryan but what does it matter?" Ryan shook his head. "He will leave you, at least now you've made sure you'll be taken care of." I stood up leaning over the table to kiss Fallon bye. "Mommy loves you baby girl, call me every night OK." Fallon nodded her head and I turned around as I felt tears start to fall.

Rasheed walked behind me and I stopped letting him catch up. "Why?" Rasheed shook his head. "Maci don't be mad at Weezy for trying to protect you. He told me about this guy putting his hands on you once before, he is just looking out for you." I sighed, "shouldn't you be looking out for him while he is on tour." Rasheed shook his head. "He has other guards, I look after whatever he needs watched and right now that just happens to be you and that baby." I touched my stomach and nodded OK as I started walking back toward my terminal. I had promised Wayne Id call when I left Ryan but I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to him, I was kinda mad he had me followed. In a way I felt protected but I hated that he had kept it from me.