Chapter 2

Wayne and I had decided to go out for Dinner. I threw on a pair of ripped knee jeans with a pink Trukfit shirt. I glanced up at Wayne as I was putting my silver Toms on. He had dressed in some skinny leg jeans, a black Truckfit tee, with his supras. At least he wasn't dressed crazy, I wasn't really into the skinny leg jeans but he could do much worse. He walked up on me pulling me up. I laughed at him as I was pulled into his embrace placing a kiss on his cheek. This was the Wayne I feel in love with and had been missing. This was the Wayne I wanted back.

Wayne drove us to a little Italian restaurant close to his house. Walking in we saw the restaurant wasn't very crowded and hardly anybody spared us a second glance. The hostess sat us in a booth in the back corner. The waiter arrived soon taking our drink order and asking us if we wanted any appetizers. We both decided we wasn't in the mood for wine, so we both chose iced tea with Italian nachos. By the time our appetizers arrived we had both chosen what we wanted to eat. I decided to try the lobster ravioli and Wayne wanted the chicken marsala. Wayne put his arm around me pulling me into him. I leaned my head against him enjoying the moment. "You happy now." I looked up at him, "Yeah this afternoon has been great." Wayne leaned down kissing my forehead. "I'm sorry about this morning." I sighed not saying anything. Wayne looked down at me. "I'll tell her to cool it ok." I sat up and cut my eyes at him. "I'd rather you not tlak to her at all." Wayne let out a breath. "Baby it ain't like that, I don't say shit about the people who call you." I let out a laugh. "Umm first of all I have no guys calling my phone, second ya'll used to be involved, three if a dude was to call me or leave me a message saying where were you last night, you'd have a fucking fit." Wayne bit his lip. "Alright, you got me." I rolled my eyes at him but let him pull me up against him. " ok jealous." I elbowed him and he started laughing. "I wish a nigga would call you I'd fuck him up." I shot him a look as the waiter came removing our appetizer plates returning with our meal. We ate in silence. I had finished eating first pushing my plate away. I got up to use the restroom and by the time I returned Wayne had finished and paid the ticket. As I walked up on him he grabbed my hand leading me outside nodding at a few fans who called out his name.

As we pulled out of the parking lot Wayne reached out for my hand. We were half way home when his phone started ringing. I groaned. "I swear to God Wayne." Wayne shot me a look, "Chill its Baby." I sighed, I already knew Wayne was about to be dragged away to go to the studio. Wayne talked to him for a minute hanging up he reached back out for my hand squeezing it. "I gotta go rerecord a hook, you wanna go." I glanced up at Wayne, nodding yeah. I usually stayed away, for one he could take fifteen minutes or all damn night to get teh hook like he wanted it, two the studio would be smoked out and I wasn't about that at all. Wayne hit a u turn causing me to hit him. "Ok you going to get us pulled over, and you better not have shit in this car." Wayne gave me a look. "I got this." I rolled my eyes looking in the side mirrors. "Whatever." Wayne cut his eyes at me, "whatever," he said mocking me causing me to laugh at him. "I swear your slow." Wayne grinned at me. "You telling me you'd be with a slow ass nigga." I shook my head yeah.

As we pulled up at the studio Wayne leaned back in his seat. "You ready." I nodded yeah, "you think it will take long." Wayne shrugged. "Have no idea, didn't ask." I glanced up and saw he was watching me. "You know not to take what I say to heart right." I give him a look, "boy I been listening to you forever, I know who you come home to at night." Wayne bit his lip grinning. "Right, we been fighting so much I just wanted to make sure you ain't tripping." We step out of the car and as I walk up to him he pulls me into his embrace. "I throw you in sometimes you just got to catch it." I roll my eyes. "Whatever" Wayne pulls me in for a kiss. "I hate that fucking word." I grin up at him, "whatever." As we walk in the studio Baby is sitting at the soundboard listening to a beat. I recognized a couple of the other guys but some I had no clue who they were. Baby handed Wayne a blunt as soon as we walked in. "Haven't seen you in a while, my boy still treating you right." I grinned up at him. "Yeah I have to set him straight every once in awhile." Baby laughed. "I can only imagine." Wayne took a hit of his blunt. "Ya'll going to hate on a nigga. I'm right here damn." I look at him giving him a sad face causing him to roll his eyes at me before leaning down to place a kiss on my lips. "Get your ass in the booth so you can go home and take care of ya girl." Wayne and I both glance at Baby. Wayne heads in the booth putting his headphones on. I loved watching Wayne work, or what he calls work. Wayne had just released a new cd, but he was always on somebodies track or coming out with a new track. Retire my ass, that boy didn't know what retire means. I had asked him about that once and he told me "girl you know I was high when I said that shit."