Chapter 12

The next morning Adrianna and Fallon dropped me off at the airport with nothing more than what I arrived with, me and my purse. I apologized to Adrianna a million times before I got out of the car for her having to get up so early. "Maci, shut up and go before you miss your flight." I grinned at her. "Love you." Adrianna shrugged. "I know, I'm fucking awesome." I rolled my eyes going to check in. I was nervous as hell and swear I must have had to pee a thousand times before they let us bored the plane. I was literally shaking when I sat down. The old lady beside me patted my hand and told me its not as bad as it seems. I nodded ok at her turning to look the other way. She had no idea, the flight was the easiest part of this trip..

I was unable to sleep the night before but strangely enough managed to sleep on the flight to Miami. The old lady gently shook me awake. "We will be landing in a few minutes hun." I thanked her giving her a little smile. I pulled my purse close to me anticipating the landing. Exiting the plane I was saying silent prayers to myself that the car was still up in parking. I had no idea if Wayne had picked it up or not, last I had asked it was still here. I about jumped up and down when I saw it. I hit the code and heard the click of the door unlocking. I opened the door as I reached under the floorboard cover and grabbed the key jumping in and locking the door. I sat there for a minute just gripping the steering wheel trying to talk myself into doing this. I made it this far, I might as well get it over with. I sent Adrianna a quick text letting her know I was in Miami and on my way to Wayne's.

Pulling up to the house my heart was pounding so hard it sounded like drums beating. I hit the garage door remote and closed my eyes as it opened. I was praying that 1 his car was home and 2 no strange car was in my spot. I opened my eyes relieved to find his car home and my spot open. I pulled in and sat there for a good ten minutes watching the door to the house. I finally stepped out of the car grabbing my purse. My hands were shaking so bad I could barley unlock the door. I walked in hitting the code so the alarm wouldn't' go off. I sat my keys and purse down on the bar walking through the living room. The coffee table had a sack of weed and a package of gars on it. I rolled my eyes grabbing it putting it back up where he usually kept his shit stashed. Walking up the stairs I grew more and more nervous. I don't know how I made it up the stairs but the moment I opened the door to the bedroom I froze.

There he was laid in the bed asleep looking so peace full. My head told me to go start packign Fallon's bag, but my heart had me walking straight to the bed and sitting on the edge beside him. I put my hand on his face leaning down to kiss his forehead. Wayne stirred and I sat up. He jerked up grabbing my arm scaring the shit out of me. I grabbed my chest and he looked at me like I was crazy blinking his eyes. "Hey baby." I said looking at him unsure. Wayne let go of my arm and started rubbing where he had grabbed it. "Maci, what the hell." I looked down and felt tears start falling. Wayne let out a breath. "Come here baby, you scared the shit out of me." I shook my head no. This had been a mistake. Now I was here I knew I wouldn't want to go. Seeing him in the bed all I really wanted to do was crawl up in his arms and let him make the world disappear.

I went to stand up but Wayne grabbed my arm pulling me back to him. I turned to look at him and our lips meet. God I was the weakest person on the freaking planet. Wayne moved so he could pull me up to him. I was practically sitting in his lap, my head resting on his chest. "Why are you here?" I closed my eyes. "I needed to get some of our stuff." Wayne wrapped his arms around me tighter. "So you're leaving me again." I couldn't answer him. I wiped tears that refused to stop. Wayne grabbed my chin pulling my face up to his. "You're killing me momma." I bit my lip trying to look anywhere but at him. Wayne wiped the tears from my face. "What do you want from me Maci, cause I swear to God I'd do anything for you to stay." I glanced back up at him. My heart hurt so bad I could literally feel the pain coming from it. "I don't even know." Wayne sighed leaning back in to kiss me. I pushed at his chest but it was only a half attempt at brushing him off. I needed him as much as he needed me at that moment. I had missed being in his strong arms. As his kisses deepened he pulled me down to the bed I found myself following willingly.