Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of his alarm going off. Wayne groaned and reached for his phone hitting snooze. He laid on his back and looked over at me. I felt him reach out for me so I scooted in closer to him not opening my eyes. "You should have woke me up last night." I opened my eyes looking at him. "I did, how you think you ended up under the covers." Wayne shrugged. "Man I'm not feeling this shit today." I leaned up on my elbow leaning in to give him a kiss. "You'll be fine once you get up." Wayne sat up putting his head in his hands. I sat up with him, "you ok baby." Wayne shook his head "Yeah I'm good just feel like I haven't slept in days." I rubbed his back. "You run yourself ragged, you need a break sometimes." Wayne stood up, "I just had a break." I watched him walk in the bathroom and grabbed his phone as the alarm went back off. I turned the alarm off glancing at him as he walked back in and started getting dressed. "That wasn't long enough." Wayne looked over his shoulder smirking at me. "I didn't get much rest either." I rolled my eyes grinning at him getting up to go to the bathroom myself. Walking out Wayne was putting on his shoes. "You wanna go to Drake's tonight." I sigh sitting down beside him leaning my head on his shoulders. "If you want, just let me know when your on your way here so I can be ready." Wayne nodded at me leaning in to kiss me. "You got plans today." I shake my head. "I doubt it, I'll let you know if I do." Wayne shakes his head standing out. "K I'm out" I stand up wrapping my arms around him. "Ok, I love you." He leaned down "Love ya too baby girl."

I decided to stay up and went and took a bath soaking in the hot water. I got out putting on make up and went ahead and and fixed my hair. I put on a trukfit 3/4 sleeve shirt and threw on some white shorts. I text Adrianna but she didn't' respond, I shrug and go flip the tv on. Of course nothing was on tv so I ended up grabbing my phone and searching for a story on wattpad. I ended up getting so wrapped on in the story I had to finish it, by the time I was done it was close to 12 so I decided to order lunch. Nothing sounded good, but I ended up ordering a crispy chicken salad. I was eating lunch watching some lifetime movie when I heard a beating on the door. I jumped about spilling my salad all over me. "What the fuck." I jump up trying to see out the peephole. I finally gave up, "Who is it." I was still on my tiptoes trying to look out when I hear Cortez. "Maci open the door." I frown letting him in. "Somethings happened, Wayne's in the hospital." My mouth hit the floor and I started backing up, "Wha, what happened." Cortez shook his head. "He had another seizure this time, it was pretty bad, hes unconscious right now." I felt myself start sinking and Cortez grab me. I could hear Cortez call my name but my world had just fallen out from under my feet. I finally shook my head looking up at Cortez. He instantly let me go. "You good." I nod my head and go grab my purse and he nods leading me outside.

We rode without speaking the whole way to the hospital. Cortez was on the phone most of the time. As we pulled up to the hospital I followed Cortez in silence. The first person I saw in the waiting room was Baby. I walked straight up to him and he pulled me into a hug. "I just went in to see him, he is stable but hasn't woke up yet." I nod not knowing what to say. "They going to let you go in, the doctor wants to talk to you first." I look up. "Ok." Baby walks off and Drake walks up to me. "You ever been with him when hes had a seizure." I shake my head no. "He told me he has them a lot, but hes never had one around me." Drake shakes his head. "He will be ok." Baby cuts in calling my name and I look over seeing him talking to what I assume was Wayne's doctor. The doctor reaches out to shake my hand as I walk up to him. "Ms Chambers". I shake my head as he introduces his self as Dr. Diep. I followed him down the hall. "Mr Carter has yet to wake up but he is stable. I want you to go in and just talk to him." I shake my head ok, "He's ok though right." Dr Diep stoped, "he is stable." I sighed, that was not the answer I wanted. The doctor opend the door and nodded me in. "I will give you some alone time." I nodded ok walking in slowly.

Seeing Wayne laid up in the hospital bed about broke my heart. As soon as I saw him I quickened my step and went to his bedside reaching out for his hand. I pushed some of his stray dreads away from his face leaning in to kiss his forehead. "Wayne, you can't do this to me. I don't know what to do without you." I sat on the edge of the bed watching the gentle rise and fall of his chest. I felt the tears start. I had been to shocked earlier to cry. I had heard about his seizures before but he always blew them off as no big thing. I rub his hand with my thumb. "I told you this morning you needed a break, but this wasn't what I was thinking about." I sit there on his bed just talking to him about whatever happened to cross my mind at the time. I was still sitting on his bed when Baby walked in. "I talked the doctor into letting you stay here with him, I figure if anybody can get his ass up its you." I give him a small grin. "Yeah well you know he is hardheaded." Baby laughed. "Yeah well your stubborn too." I shake my head. "Are you worried." Baby walked up closer to the bed. "I hate to see him down, and he going to be pissed when he wakes up. He will be ok, he always is." I look down at Wayne. "He is so peace full when he sleeps, the only time he is still." Baby sighed. "He been like that all his life." After making sure I didn't want anything Baby left. Drake came in and said a few words to Wayne. When he left I pulled up a chair closet to the bed sitting in it. I was surprised it was already as late as it was. Cortez came in asking if I wanted anything from the hotel. I asked him to bring me a change of clothes for the morning and he nodded leaving me alone with Wayne.