Chapter 15

Sunday seemed to fly. Wayne spent his morning on the phone with his kids. I stayed in bed letting Fallon run back and forth from her room to mine. She had succeeded in making a disaster area of her room by the time I did decide to get up. I groaned as I entered her room. "Fallon Olivia Chambers look at this mess, you better have this cleaned by the time I get out of the shower." Fallon looked at me pulling her eyebrows down in a mad face. I sighed as I headed downstairs to start the coffee. As I walked back to my room I peeked in to make sure she was at least attempting to clean. I ducked in Wayne's office, he was on the phone with God knows which kid. I walked up to him giving him a kiss whispering to him I was about to take a shower. He nodded at me and I turned and headed to the bathroom.

I decided to just wear my hair curly my hair, didn't to feel up to straighting nothing. I put on just enough makeup to not look like crap and headed to my room to find some clothes. I ended up just throwing on some short black shorts with a white wife beater. I walked in Fallon's room and saw Wayne was in there helping her pick up. "You are so not helping her learn to clean up." Wayne shot me a look. "She is doing most of the work, go drink your coffee and leave us alone grouchy." I made a face at him turning to walk out the room. I ended up drinking two cups of coffee. I dug around for something to cook. It was lunch time and I had no idea if Wayne and Fallon had even ate breakfast. I was a horrible mother today. I ended up making fajitas and spanish rice.

Wayne and Fallon walked downstairs as I was cooking the chicken. "What you making momma." I turned around and looked at Fallon, she was perched on Wayne's hip. "Fajita's, who dressed you this morning." Wayne shot me a look as Fallon pointed at him. "What she is matching." I laughed. "I just asked I'm surprised you fixed her hair." Wayne rolled his eyes. "I do have my own kids ya know." I shrugged, "Ok baby, I was just saying you usually leave her in her pj's if we aren't' going anywhere." Wayne made a face letting Fallon sit down. He walked to the fridge grabbing her a juice out. I rolled my eyes. "Did you eat breakfast?" Wayne shook his head. I sighed. He was in some kind of attitude. Fallon ran in the living room pulling her princess castle out and playing. I made sure she wasn't paying us any attention and looked at Wayne. "What the hell are you mad at me for." Wayne shook his head. "It's nothing." I sighed. "What you was fine two seconds ago." Wayne started walking in the living room. "Just drop it Maci damn. "I turned around shaking my head.

I went ahead and made Fallon's plate. I walked in the living room and sat it down on her little tykes table in the corner. "You hungry baby." She nodded and got up sitting in her little chair. Wayne was watching tv not even bothering to look up. I sighed and walked straight in front of him putting my hands on my hips. "Wayne what the fuck." He looked up and I could tell he was aggravated. I walked close enough so I could straddle him. He let out a breath but put his hands on my hips. "Baby why are you trying to fight today." Wayne shook his head and I leaned my forehead against his. Wayne leaned in giving me a small kiss. "It's not you baby, lets go eat." I let out a deep breath standing up and walking toward the kitchen. Wayne grabbed my arm turning me around and wrapping me in his arms. "I'm sorry I just hate not being in control of shit." I looked up at him confused. "What do you mean." He sighed. "I've been trying to move some stuff around but nothing is budging the way I want it too. I been trying to move things so I can make it to your doctors appointment but its not happening." I sighed. I had no idea he was going to try and make it. "Its ok Wayne. Reginae will be down and she can record the sonogram and the heartbeat and we will send it to you." Wayne shook his head. "I'm over here acting like a bitch huh." I grinned at him. "No your being overly dramatic like me."

Not long after we ate Fallon crawled up on the couch and went to sleep. Wayne and I went over things that would need to be taken care of when he was gone. Denise, one of Wayne's assistants was staying in town to help me with anything I might need. He was leaving Wednesday and would miss my birthday that Saturday so we made plans to go out Monday night. I tried to act happy but was still kinda depressed he would be leaving. I was excited that Reginae would be spending a week with me. Wayne had given me free reign to start looking for cribs and anything we could get without knowing the sex of the baby.