You Don't Own Me

His surprise was obvious. He'd never imagined she'd raise her voice or defy him but she used his surprise and in seconds he was underneath her, her hands on his shoulders, pinning him to the cold ground.

"You don't own me." she declared. "You don't own me!" she screamed and the winds began to blow, pushing her hair back and making his blow all around his face. "You don't own me." the last time she was talking more to herself and then she got up. She allowed him to stand. He was an ordinary man in that moment and the only power he ever had over her was fear. Perhaps the most strangling of all mutations was the ability to strike so much fear into a person that they became yours. But she wasn't afraid anymore. She was better than him. She out bested him. And he knew it. He stumbled backwards.

"You'll regret this!" he shouted.

"No I wont." she said. Logan walked up behind her and Kurt appeared beside her. He was about to protest when Logan's claws came out and Kurt bared his fangs as Willow stepped forward, face to face with her past tormentor as they switched places and he was the one trembling with fear. "If I ever in all my days find word that you've taken another girl from her home and abused her the way you did to me, I will find you. And I will slaughter you." she warned seriously. He believed her.

And he vanished, his warriors following one by one.

"Willow," Kurt said quietly. "Miene liebe, you're hurt."

"No I'm not." she shook her head but she was swept off her feet and was suddenly lightheaded in her office. "Heal yourself." Kurt ordered urgently but she didn't understand the emergency. She didn't feel anything and she was tired.

"Kurt,"

"Do it!" he screamed but it was hardly audible to her.

"Too tired." she managed before she fell.

"Willow?" Kurt grunted as he coughed her. "Willow!" he yelled, dropping to his knees with her head on his laps. "Willow!" he cried.

"What's wrong with her?!" Logan demanded. "Why isn't she healing herself?"

Charles thought for a moment, debating whether he should tell everyone just yet or not. "I don't believe she can." he told them.

"What?" Logan almost whispered. "Charles, she's going to die from that if she doesn't! What do you mean she can't?!"

"I mean she cant! She's exhausted, powerless." Charles explained.

"She must!" Kurt cried. "She has to! After everything, she can't just die! Tell me she'll be okay! She will, won't she?"

Charles sighed, looking around the room at all the people who so dearly loved the small pale angel on the table. "I don't know." 

...

This chapter is dedicated to madamFinch for the constant and absolutely lovely comments that make me want to update! Thank you very much, madamFinch.