Chapter 63

Me and Aria were on our way to the brew when Aria got a text from Hanna saying she couldn't come. She said she was going out for dinner with her Mum and her Mum's fiancé.

"What are you ordering?" Aria asked me as we opened the door to The Brew. A little bell rang as the door pushed past it when it opened.

"I'll just have a hot chocolate." I answered my sister. Where I used to live, there wasn't as many coffee shops. This was the reason that I didn't know exactly what I wanted immediately.

"I'm getting a Double Ristretto Venti Nonfat Organic Chocolate Brownie Frappuccino Extra Hot with Foam and Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended." Aria said to me, looking into my eyes with a completely strait face. She must have seen the horrified expression on my face. "I'm joking! I'm just getting a caramel frappe."

Once Aria had calmed down from laughing at me, she ordered the drinks and two chocolate cookies. We then sat down at a nearby table.

"How was your day?" Aria asked me.

"It was good. I made a new friend called Vanessa." I answered Aria.

"Is she the pretty one with the ginger hair?" Aria asked.

"Yeah. She's really nice." I stopped talking when I noticed Aria had stopped paying attention and was staring at something behind me. I turned round to see a man with messy dark hair and icy blue eyes. I felt like I recognised the young man, but couldn't quite put my finger on how or where from.

"Quit staring!" Aria hissed at me. It was in one of those whispers that sounded like someone with no voice trying to shout. It suddenly hit me on how I knew the man behind me. Ezra Fitz.

"I wasn't staring, I glanced for 2 seconds." I argued, talking very quietly like Aria did. "Is that Ezra."

"Well done." Aria said with a sarcastic smile. She was acting weirdly. It was obviously she was deeply in love with her ex-English teacher. Yes, he was attractive, but I could tell Aria loved everything about him. I don't know how I knew this, as I had never been in love before, but I just knew. I recognised the way Aria acted, but once again didn't know where from. Aria went back to staring behind me, so I quickly glaced around to see if anything new had happened. It turns out Ezra was now walking towards our table. "Act casual." Aria said, trying her best to speak without moving her lips.

"Otp." I mumbled under my breath before grabbing my phone and scrolling through my Instagram feed, stalking all the judgy girls from my old school and judging them back.

"Hey, Aria." Ezra said. "Can I sit?"

"Sure. You own this place so you can sit wherever you want. Even with Noel Khan if you life." Aria said, glancing at a group of boys sitting in the corner. I suspected Ezra wasn't keen on this Norl guy, and the group of boys looked intimidating so I decided not to like them either.

"I've not seen you for ages. I saw you right after when you escaped the ... Place, but I haven't properly talked to you." Ezra said.

"Well, not a lot has happened. Nothing much except from me apparently having an amazing sister." Aria smiled at me, so I took this as my que to put down my phone and join the conversation.

"I'm not amazing." I said with an uneasy laugh. I was usually awkward when talking to new people for the first time. A lot of people are, but I still feel embarrassed every time.

"What's your name?" Ezra asked, ignoring the fact I seemed like a socially awkward weirdo who nobody would ever choose to approach.

"My name is Nancy." I answered. The fact that he probably already knew my name from the news or social media, but still asked me what my name was gave me a warm feeling in my heart. I had got used to people staring and people guessing my story that I wasn't used to people asking questions about me. Everyone already seemed to know my name is Nancy, I'm 16 years old, and I was kidnapped and tortured. Nobody really cares about asking me anything else.

"Do you like English?" Ezra asked me.

"I actually do." I said, laughing a little bit.

"Well Aria's right. You are amazing." Ezra replied, looking proud.

"Right, so I have to go and make coffee. I'm doing Emily's job while she's not working. I'll text you, Aria." Ezra said before pushing back the chair he had pulled up and walking towards the counter. As he left, he turned and smiled at Aria. He and Aria both clearly loves each other. I was so confused on why they were not together. I would have to bring this up during one of our sisterly gossip sessions.

"What do you thing?" Aria asked excitedly. She looked like a cycle enthusiast who had just seen a bike shaped present on Christmas morning.

"About what?" I said, plainly to annoy my sister. It was unbelievably obvious what she was talking about.

"Ezra." She added.

"His hair isn't a metre high quiff, which is good. He didn't ignore me, which has to be a good sign. And like I said earlier, my otp is Ezria." I told Aria.

"You're making us sound like some sort of celebrity couple giving us a ship name." Aria laughed before finishing her now lukewarm coffee. "Are you ready to go?"

"Are you joking? I finished my drink in less than 5 minutes." I said as I grabbed my bag and stood up. On our way out, Ezra smiled at us both.  I didn't care if their relationship wasn't legal. It's like Aria and Ezra are both puzzle pieces that slot together perfectly.

The walk home consisted on Aria talking about Ezra and school. We talked about the death stares we got in the hallways and laughed at the comments people were making about me. I was glad we both had the same sense of humour where we could laugh at these things instead of getting upset about it.

"Are you home?" Ella shouted from the kitchen as we closed the front door shut. "I made a really nice stir fry. You should get some before Mike eats it all."

// I'm sorry for not updating for ages. I've been busy with school and spent ages editing Instagram photos. I hope you liked my Ezria chapter. Please carry on voting and commenting even though I was really mean and didn't update for 8499394839190284 years💖//