Chapter 14

I slowly opened my eyes, letting them adjust to the light. I had no idea where I was and remember nothing about how I got here. The last thing I remember was having a gas mask abruptly forced into the lower part of my face. After that, I blacked out.

I sat up to see a room that looked exactly the same as the room Aria had sent me a photo of in an email months earlier. She told me this was the room I would be staying in. I was sure this was the room I had been sent a photograph of, as the room was so beautiful that it would be hard to forget.

The wallpaper covered one wall of the rectangular room. It was black and white newspaper print, so would match with any colour bedding that the bed had on in the future. At the moment, there were turquoise duvet and pillow covers. On top of the duvet and pillows were some beautiful scatter cushions with intricate designs. The White metal bed also had detailed metal at the head of the bed that looked gorgeous against the grey wall behind it. There was a matching white wooden dressing table with a pretty mirror attached. The room had white fairy lights messily guns around some of the furniture and ceiling. It was what I imagined home to look like, yet I didn't feel at home.

When I was fully awake and had taken in my new surroundings, I got up before shouting Aria's name. I waited for about 10 seconds before going on to shout for Mike, Byron, and Ella. Another minute passed, and there was no sign of anyone. I thought that maybe they couldn't hear me, so I walked towards my bedroom door to go and find my new family. Not only was I anxious to get to know my family, I was dying to find out why I had been attacked near the airport and had only become conscious once I had arrived.

I reached for the door handle and tried to twist the knob. I struggled, so tried twisting the other way. I then tried to pull and push the door while I twisted the handle, as that sometimes makes stiff doors open. I tried every technique I knew before shaking the door and screaming. I moved towards the window and opened the wooden blinds to see if anyone could help me. I pulled the chord to make the blinds open, but no light entered the room. There was reflective glass blocking my view to whatever was outside my bedroom window. I went to retry opening the door with no success. I had nothing to do now than to smash the window. I picked up the dressing table's stool before whacking it against the overly shiny glass. As the hundreds of glass shards fell to the ground , so did my jaw.