Chapter 35

//Don't forget to keep voting and commenting. I know this is annoying, but whenever a write this people remember. It doesn't take long at all, and commenting lets me know your opinions on the story//

I panicked. Although my adoptive mother was a crazy chicken lady who cared more about her feathery friends than life itself, I was scared of what she could do. It wouldn't take her long to get the media on her side, as me and the other girls had been in the news a lot recently. I didn't want to go back. Aria could sense my worry and wrapped her arms around me. I immediately felt safe.

"Can I tell Mom about this? It's fine if you want to keep it between us." Aria asked.

"You should tell her. She might make me go back, but then again, she might have some sort of idea on how to let me stay." I told Aria. She gave me a squeeze before taking my phone to show her mother. I say patiently waiting at the kitchen table, hoping a miracle would happen soon that would make evening as normal as possible.

Aria returned, followed by Ella. Aria placed my phone back in front of me on the table and took a seat beside her mother. Ella had a blank expression, so I had no clue on what she was about to say.

"As much as I would like to, I'm not able to let you stay here if your parents want you back. I'm no law expert, but I know you have to be 16 to live alone with parent's convent and 18 otherwise. Unless there's a reason you can't stay with them, I'm not sure what I can do." Ella told us. I could tell that she meant what she said. She was such an honest person and I couldn't imagine Ella lying to anyone, unless it was to keep them safe.

"There is one reason that might be able to let me stay." I said with a sigh. I hadn't shared this with anyone, but I could see Aria and Ella looking curious and slightly impatient during my pause.

"My father used to hit me. He didn't cut me, but he would get angry and lash out every so often." I said, looking down at the table. I couldn't stand when people felt sorry for me.

"Well no one's aggressive in this house so staying here is clearly the best option for everyone." Aria said. If only Aria was in charge of naming maws and everything would be so much easier. The only downside to this would be legal for adults to date minors, but other than that it would be great.

Ella left the room when the conversation started to drift away from the original conversation. She had been sitting quietly with a part worried part 'I'm concentrating' look on her face. I felt honoured that she wanted me to stay in her home with her family.

Aria's phone rumbled on the wooden table which caused a loud noise. She unlocked her phone to read her text before telling me what it said.

"It's Spencer. She's asked if we both want to go over. Hanna, Emily, and I think maybe even Mona are going to be there." Aria told me. I felt a little nervous, even though I had met them all before. I didn't exactly look or act it, but I was 2 years younger than them all.

"That sounds great." I replied with a smile before going upstairs with Aria to get ready, as I was still in my pyjamas with my bed head still going strong.

"If you don't have much to wear you can take anything for my wardrobe. sorry if it's not your style. We can go shopping soon if you like." Aria said. I her wardrobe was full of beautiful clothes. I picked out a grey top with an open back from Aria's clothes rail. I wore my pair or ripped black skinny jeans and borrowed a pair of comfy floral shoes from the bottom of the wardrobe. I thanked Aria for letting me borrow her clothes and then started on my makeup. After doing my basic face routine, I filled in my eyebrows, did my winged eyeliner, put on mascara, and rubbed tinted lip balm onto my chapped lips. It was summer, but wasn't too hot outside. I grabbed a dark red cardigan before heading downstairs with my new best friend.