Chapter 16

For the next week or so, it was the same routine every day. It wasn't much of a routine, as I literally did nothing, but I don't know how else to phrase it. I cried a lot, but then you would it you were buried alone who knows how far underground.

When I realised I wouldn't be getting myself or of this hell hole anytime soon, I tried to come up with some sort of hobby that wouldn't involve any equipment. I started to sing to help me get through my days. When I first started to sing, the deafening siren would sound until I had stopped. I didn't let this stop me, so after a while the one who caused this misery stopped making alarms screech every time I burst into song.

After loudly singing 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA, the electricity did what did every night I had been here so far. The lights faded before the room was completely dark. I carried on singing in the attempt to make the atmosphere less creepy. I sang 'chandelier' by sis, but quieter than my previous singing session had been. I wanted to be able to hear any footsteps I had heard earlier in the week, but still wanted to sing my little heart out.

As I finished humming the chorus to the song, I heard the sound of a door opening. This was something I hadn't heard in a very long time, so obviously twisted my head towards where my door was as quick as possible. The door was slightly open and I saw a girl's head poking around the side of the door.

The girl standing a few metres away from me had curly blonde hair that didn't seem to look right with her medium complexion. She wore a yellow bright yellow top that was creased, although she had been wearing the same item of clothing for a long time. I couldn't see what she was wearing on the bottom half of her body, as the door was covering it. Her facial expression was shock, and I am sure that was probably mine too. She looked although she wanted to talk to me, but quickly ran off shouting something back to me. "Ten seconds!"
Is what I heard before the familiar screeching sound returned.

I was awake all night wondering who this girl was and why she was here. I wanted to talk to her so bay, but knew there was no way I could possibly do that right now. It was weird knowing I was no longer alone.