Chapter 6

"Hey Nancy, I'm so glad the box arrived. Me, Mike, Mom and Dad are all so excited to finally meet you. Mom and Dad want you to know they've always loved you. Mike is really excited to have a twin sister. Even though he acts cool, I can tell he's buzzing. I've wanted a little sister my whole life, and I'm so excited to be able to spend loads of time with you! I'm presuming you hadn't seen the photo album when you wrote this email. check the last page of the album and have a safe flight. I'll be waiting for you at the other end! kisses, -A"

I read the email from my sister in my head, being more cautious as usual as I had decided not to tell my parents my plans. I stopped when i got to the section on Mike. How had I not realised I was a twin?! We're the exact same age and there'd be at least 9 months between two siblings. I was confused on why Mike was kept and I was all the way here, in England, but i was too happy to let anything get me down right now. I quietly pulled the black box from under my bed, being careful not to let the floorboards creek. I didn't want my Mum who was cooking in the kitchen below my room to think anything was unusual. I opened the photo album backwards in order to get to the back page as quickly as possible. Inside the shiny plastic wallet was a plane ticket. The ticket flew from Newquay to Philadelphia at 3AM on the 13th of July. This was tomorrow. My heart began to race inside my chest. This time tomorrow, I would be with my real family: My fill siblings and the people who brought me into this would.

I laid my shiny red suitcase on my bed. It was practically brand new, as I hadn't travelled since I bought the case. I packed 3 pairs of jeans, 2 of my favourite dresses, a couple of skater skirts, 7 of my best tops, a faux leather jacket, a few jumpers, a pair of high heeled black boots, flat shoes, and converse. I also packed my toothbrush, two makeup bags containing my essential makeup and my favourite makeup, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, a bag of hair bobbles, some lady stuff and a hairbrush. I squeezed my laptop in the top of the case before packing my hand luggage. In my teal handbag, I packed my headphones, my phone, some chewing gum, my passport Aria had got for me, my black box, my photo album, and my phone chargers. Next to my luggage, I arranged a comfortable outfit for the plane to change into. In the pile was my comfiest grey jeans, a dark green tank top, and a pair of brown combat boots. I had a warm, Navy duffel coat to wear over this, as it would be cold in the early hours of the morning. I hid all this in the corner of my room before my Mum called me down for dinner.