Chapter 3 - Backwards

( just a lil flashback, so ye, just a little unique chapter. Trigger warning - MyProblem )

Francis's POV

Francis strolled up to Arthur's front door, raising a hand to knock on the door, only to see that the door was slightly ajar. " Hm? Anglettere? Are you here? Your door is open... " Francis called out, worry edging his voice. No reply... The Frenchman frowned before pushing open the door. Francis froze, staring at the broken vases and teacups on the ground. This isn't right. He thought to himself, concerned for the Brit. Francis went over to the stairs before something caught his attention.

Crash

Francis sped up, trying to find the source of the loud noise. " Arthur? Where are you?..." Francis said softly, frowning as he heard muffled sobs coming from the door on his left. He walked over to it, putting his hand on the doorknob. Francis took in a deep breath before opening the door. Once he saw the scene in front of him, his heart leapt into his chest.

Blood. Lots of it. And Arthur was on his knees in the middle of a pool of the crimson liquid, a pistol against his head.

Francis screamed out in terror and flung himself at the Brit. Pulling the gun from his grasp. Arthur yelled curses at him, but they just came out as loud and distressed cries and sobs. Francis spotted the source of the blood, his eyes scanning the hundreds of gashes up Arthur's pale arms. Arthur struggled to get the gun back, but his protests became weak. Francis stared at Arthur, sadness in his eyes. Arthur stared at the ground, tears still streaming down his face. " Arthur, why?.." Francis asked, his voice laced with concern. " I-I'm not worth your time, Francis. I'm a waste of space, everyone I love leaves me. So to make it better, I thought it was about time I left. " Arthur replied,his voice monotone. Francis embraced Arthur. " Mon ami, don't do that again, I promise that everything will get better, ok?.." Arthur continued to stare before replying quietly. " O-Ok..."