Right On Time

TentooxRose- suggested by jordieblob16

This is a bit of a flashback considering my other fics-Pre-Altha married Doctor and Rose.

He'd been at Torchwood for more hours than he can count, almost.  Just barely.  He did still have his time sense after all.  He promised to be home by six, but it was half seven, and he didn't expect Rose would be upset about it.

His mobile was thrown haphazardly on the desk, turned on silent, keeping him from doing or saying anything while he was working.  And he was genuinely working, for once.  As much as he hated paperwork, it was horribly something that needed done.

The aliens were a bit different here, the mannerisms different among the Slitheen here, for example.  They weren't quite as hostile, mostly because they were very, very stupid.  That, in and of itself, had thrown the Doctor and Rose for a massive loop.  Luckily, vinegar still did the trick and the Doctor was filling out a report on just how, exactly, he had known that would work.

His mobile vibrated on the desk, and he furrowed his brows at it.  Rose wasn't the type to get nervous if he was home late, so to say it was a bit suspicious that he was getting any messages at all was an understatement.

Ignoring it, he turned back to his work, doing his best to be focused and not at all interested in what was going on with with mobile.  He only had about six numbers, and surely it wasn't just Jake inviting him out for a pint.  

The phone vibrated again, this time on a call.  He huffed quietly to himself and walked over to the desk.

Call incoming: Jackie Tyler

Oh.  Oh, that was never good, that was the opposite of good.  Very, very bad, some might say.  In fact, if there was one thing he hated-

And the phone had stopped ringing while he'd been nattering on in his own head.

That was even worse, a missed call.

He made a sound that was certainly not akin to fear in the back of his throat and he swiftly pressed the callback button.  He paced along the office as he waited for her to answer, running his free hand through his hair.  She'd just called, why was he on the third ring?  Was she messing with him?  Jackie Tyler was notorious for doing that.

"You daft thing!" Was her only greeting.

"I missed your call," he said sheepishly, "Did you need something?"

"Sort of, you dunce.  Your wife is in the emergency room delivering your baby!" 

He nearly dropped the phone and immediately started shaking.  "Right now??"

"No, I'm calling from the future, which I know isn't that far fetched for you.  Yes, of course, right now!  Get yourself to this hospital immediately!"  And with that she'd hung up on him, leaving him antsy.

He allowed himself a little pleased giggle before snatching up his coat and darting out the door.  He was going to be a father again! 

He didn't bother with locking his office behind him, or passing niceties with anyone on his way out.  Of course, pretty much everyone in the office knew that the daughter of Pete Tyler was pregnant with her first born.  She'd quit her job and Torchwood had floundered for several days, trying to figure out how they'd gotten on without her before.

They gained the Doctor when she quit, though, so all in all, it evened itself out.  The two were basically synonyms in the minds of the agents.  "Ask the Doctor...  Or Rose, it really doesn't matter."