Time Waits For Nobody

Requested by @mycupofteaplease

Time waits for nobody, We all must plan our hopes together

There was one thing the Doctor realized shortly after he regenerated: that Rose Tyler was more important than Time Lord rules that bound him.  Did they really bind him, now that they were gone?  Would he be denied the woman he loved as well as his home.

He was owed one out of two, at least, he decided.  The question was when he was going to get over his cowardly ways and take it.

Or we'll have no more future at all, Time waits for nobody

It took him awhile.  He watched her read in the library and shuffled his feet until she looked up at him and cocked an eyebrow inquisitively.  He'd then dart out of the room and she'd shout his name after him, asking him what was wrong, and of course he couldn't tell her!

How was someone supposed to tell their best mate they loved them?  It was proving to be more difficult than earlier anticipated.

We might as well be deaf and dumb and blind, I know that sounds unkind

He felt very stupid.  Very, very, very stupid.  He couldn't just come out with it? Couldn't just shout it at her, and then kiss her, and everything would be fine?  Of course not, because he was a bloody coward, no matter how much he wanted to hold her.

She seemed to be getting fed up with it too, with occasional inquiries of "Doctor, why are you staring at me?" or "Doctor, why do you keep cracking your knuckles?  Are you anxious?"

She was worried and she cared, and he didn't really know what to do with it.

But it seems to me we've not listened to, Or spoken about it at all,The fact that time is running out for us all

He supposed part of it was the fact that he knew she would die before him, but, then again, wasn't everyone going to die before him?  Why shouldn't he have her?  And if she wanted him, it would be perfect, wouldn't it?

Even if her time was running out, he wanted to hold her for as long as possible.  He wanted her for as long as possible, to turn the hourglass on its side so no more time ran out.

Time waits for nobody, Time waits for no-one, We've got to build this world together

He showed her new worlds, he showed her beautiful things, and some of those things she made better because she was just as beautiful.  He watched her fall in love with all of the natives, and watched them fall in love with her. 

She was beautiful, and glowing, and that's when he noticed...

She was frozen in time.

Or we'll have no more future at all, Because time - it waits for nobody

He couldn't suppress the feeling that they were running out of time, that something was wrong, that a storm was approaching.  And he couldn't let that happen.  He would keep them in the Vortex forever if it meant keeping her safe. 

But, he had to remember if there was one thing he knew, it was that time kept ticking even if you didn't want it to.

You don't need me to tell you what's gone wrong (gone wrong gone wrong), You know what's going on

"Doctor, I think something's wrong with me," Rose told him one night over a dinner of chips.

"What's that, Rose?" The Doctor asked.