Captured

Animila's Pov

Two days since my friends were captured. I know Alric is looking for Aqua and I. And he won't stop until he gets us.

So because of that we have been running constantly. We stop at night and I stand guard. I can last without sleep for awhile unlike Aqua.

Besides I need to protect Aqua. I saw how he looked when Aqua asked him what was going on. I saw the sadness in his eyes at her fear. Behind the crazed look of course. I know he had a crush on her before and he probably still does. I don't even want to think about what may happen if he actually captures her. I mean she did turn him down before and she ran away from him now.

So I'm not going to take any chances and I'm going to protect her. She's all I have left right now anyway. She will be useful to help get our friends back. I'm not going to lose my family once I just got them back even though one did go off the deep end.

"Animila which way do we go, the path splits." Aqua asks.

We started on foot again once we knew we were far away from those creatures.

"Left. There is a village that way. We can stop and get some resources quickly from there." I say.

She nods and we go off to the left. It's not long until we reach the village.

"Come on, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves. We get food and whatever else we need and then we leave." I say.

Luckily for us we never run out of water since that is Aqua's power. Also it's a good thing Aqua knows how to pick pocket someone for money or we would have to steal the resources.

We go off and Aqua does her job. She bumps into a man and falls down. The man being a gentlemen helped her up. He asked if she was ok and she says yes. He goes on his way not noticing that in the few seconds of contact Aqua took some of his money.

She comes to me and I smile. I go off to buy some food and things like rope and fabric. I come back and we quickly leave the town with barely anyone noticing us.

"Wow that was quick and easy." She says.

"Yeah just how we need it. Who knows what was in that village. We can't afford to stay in one place for too long." I say.

"You're right let's get going." She replies.

We start walking again. We walk towards another village which should be about a day's journey from here.

But then I get a chill again.

"Aqua run." I say and then burst into a full out sprint.

Aqua follows suit and runs full speed ahead. I don't dare look back because I already know what it is. I hear the growling and the running.

The creatures found us.

We run and run until I remember that we are in a forest. I start to climb a tree and Aqua does the same. We get to the top and that's when I see the creatures.

"There are so many of them." Aqua says.

"Don't think about that. Right now we just need to get away from them." I reply.

They circle the tree and start clawing at it. Dome run in to it to shake it. The next tree is too far to jump to without one of us falling. We are too unsteady.

Maybe I can make us disappear.

I try to grab my cloak with another village in mind but then a vine grabs me. Yeah THAT vine. I struggle to break loose or at least reach for my weapons but my hands are pressed down.

The vine then knocks Aqua down.

"AQUA!!" I scream as she falls to what appears to be her death.

But somehow she doesn't die nor get hurt. The creatures soften her fall. Also I think the vine had something to do with her being safe.

Aqua tries to get up and run but a creature growls at her giving her the warning to stay put or be mauled.

The vine brings me down and holds me tight. It wraps itself around my mouth, arms, and legs to make sure I can't do anything.

This was not supposed to happen.

The creatures go off with Aqua sitting on top of one of their backs. The vine carries me and follows the creatures. This is kind of annoying. I don't like being carried by this vine. But there is nothing I can do about it.

Besides I know where we are going. To Alric.