Accidents happen

Alric's Pov (different right)

It's been 4 months since Animila almost died. Though it's been that long it still feels like it was yesterday. It was so scary. And weird.

How was her essence stronger than 5 people with powers? And how did she break free from the vine? And one time while I was underwater I felt a really strong power source somewhere. But it disappeared quickly. Maybe it was the vine.

Well I'm glad Animila's ok. Everyone seemed so sad when we thought she died. Especially Aqua. She kept blaming herself.

I tip toe outside to avoid waking anyone. Though it's afternoon everyone decided to take a nap.

I am going and walk around the main part of town.

"And where are you going?"

I look around but don't see anyone. Then Animila appears in front of me.

"How did you know I left? And where were you?" I ask.

"I was in the tree. And I heard you leave. I have good hearing." She answers.

"Now where are you going?" She asks.

"The main part of town." I say.

"Do you want some company?" She asks.

I see a blush creep up on her face. She seems shy around me.

"Sure come on." I say.

"Ok. I left a note telling them we are out." She says.

"Wait why? How?" I ask.

"I told you I heard you sneak out and I followed you so they won't be worried I left a note." She replies.

"Smart thinking. Now let's go." I say.

We walk through the forest. Not too much talking happens though.

"So Animila you seem to be getting used to everything. How does it feel to be settled down?" I ask trying to make small talk.

"Great. And you guys are awesome. It feels good to have a place called home." She answers.

"Out of us who is your favorite?" I ask jokingly.

"I can't answer that. Besides I don't know really." She replies.

Even after being with us for 8 months she still is a little sheltered with her feelings. It's really a miracle when she plays around and joke. I guess having a kill at 10 and living on your own can do that.

"Hey Animila I have a question." I say.

"I have an answer." She replies.

"How come I can't sense your tricks? The vine did." I ask.

"It's not that strong. The vine is used to feeling the slightest bit of magic or power. I don't know if you are too." She answers.

"Ok." I say.

We finally get to the main part of town.

"I'm going to check something over there." I say.

I remember last time I came I saw a blue necklace that matches Aqua'a eyes. I want to check it out.

"Ok I'll go check out some fabric. We'll meet right here later." She says.

I nod and walk away. I go the window where I saw the necklace. It's so perfect. It is the same color as Aqua's eyes. A perfect blue just like the ocean.

"Who would've thought we would see you again?"

I know that voice. It's a voice I thought I'll never hear again in my life.