Growing up

Once upon a time on a beautiful moonlit night a baby girl is born.

But she was born different. She was born with different ears. Cat ears to be exact. Black beautiful cat ears with a pinkish purple inside. She had a black cat tail showing. And when she opened her eyes gorgeous purple-blue eyes where shown.

She was different indeed. Not even the ones born with powers look like this.

"It can't be. Say this is a joke. Please." The mother cries.

Her husband, a village elder and doctor, shook his head.

"I wish I could but I can't. She is the prophecy. All we can do now is protect her." He replies.

"But they will kill her." The mother says.

"I know. We must hide this. No one can know about this. We will treat her normally. As she gets older we will teach her how to hide who she is." Her husband says.

The parents were deeply troubled because everyone knew the legend of the prophecy. Everyone also knew that if you kill the prophecy then that person will gain power beyond known.

"We must put a glamour covering her. Can you do that?" The husband asks.

"Yes I can." The mother replies.

With a wave of her hand, a glamour was put on. The girl's ears that were on top of her head became normal ears in their right place. Her tail disappeared. Her gorgeous purple eyes became Hazel almost looking gold.

"Now my dear what shall we name her?" Her husband asks.

"Animila." The mother answers looking down at her baby smiling.

Animila laughs. (Pronounce as An-na-mil-ya)

"It seems she like the name too." The husband says smiling.

Four years later

"Mommy, mommy wook. Bwid." Animila says.

"Yes I see the bird. Now come on. Daddy is waiting for us." Her mother says.

"Yay daddy." Animila says running ahead.

The two finally get home. Animila runs in to her father's arms.

"Daddy, daddy I saw a bwid. It was wed." Animila says excitedly.

"Oh really." Her father says looking at his wife.

The two knew that Animila would have some cat like tendencies due to her being a hybrid.

"Did you leave it alone?" Her father asks.

Last time she saw a bird she chased after it on all fours. Her tail broke through the glamour. Luckily no one was around.

"Yes." Animila answers.

"That's my girl." Her father says hugging her.

"Why don't you go play with your toys while I talk to daddy." Her mother says.

"Ok." Animila replies. Then she runs to the next room.

"We need to teach her how to control herself. Today she got her claws. She cut a wooden plank straight in half with them. I had to fix the glamour so it would cover her claws too before anyone saw." The mother says.

"I know. That's not going to be easy though. She's four." The father replies.

"It's better to start young." The mother says.

3 years later

"What's wrong sweetie?" The mother asks.

"Nobody likes me." Animila says.