Motives revealed

Animila's Pov

Week later

Everything seems calm. Nothing happened so far. But I still can't help but feel worried.

"Animila there's an attack in town. It's those creatures again. Also it's some type of vine with them." Aqua says running to me.

What did I tell you. Trouble.

"Where is everybody else?" I ask.

"Alric and Blaze went to try to stop some of the creatures. The twins are outside. Come on." Aqua says.

I grab my sword and daggers. I also grab my cloak with me. I don't know why but it feels like I need it.

We run outside.

"Let's go." I say.

We run through the forest as fast as we can. When we get there we see the damage. Everything is torn apart. Creatures are surrounding people. I see Blaze being held by that vine and Alric is no where to be found.

I pull out my sword and slice the vine holding Blaze.

"Where is Alric?" I ask.

"He disappeared after some of those wolf things chased him." Blaze says.

The vine doesn't like that I sliced it so it gets the attention of the wolf creatures. They turn and growl at me. I get in to a fighting stance waiting for them to attack.

They charge at me and I side step. Aqua knocks one over with water while the twins tie some up with vines. But they break the vines and get back up.

I swipe my sword at them while Blaze send fire at them. They get hit but get right back up. What the heck.

We keep on attacking the creatures. But it seems like once we kill them more comes.

This doesn't seem like a random attack to me. This seems planned. No way would this many come randomly. I know they travel as a pack but not like this.

"Keep your ground guys." I say.

I see that they are getting tired. And quite frankly so am I. We've been at this for a while.

We get backed up in to each other in a circle. The creatures surround us. I prepare to fight harder and for the animals to attack.

But they don't. A whistle stops them. They keep us surrounded but don't attack.

"What's going on?" Flora asks.

"I don't know." I say on alert.

A figure appears and the vine wraps around his waist. I can't see his face though. He has long hair. Well shaggy hair that makes it look long. He is kinda tall. Taller than Alric but not taller than Blaze. Blaze's height almost. He looks strong. I mean he's not bulky but he ain't bony either.

A creature goes over to him and he pets it.

"Who are you?" I say.

I get a very bad vibe from him.

"Shame. You don't recognize me after all this time." He says.

That voice. It can't be.

He raises his head and gasps come from our mouths.

"No." I whisper.

"Surprise surprise." He says.

"Alric." I say.

He gives me an evil smirk.

"The one and only." He says.

"What's going on Alric?" Aqua asks.

I see his eyes soften a little but goes back to normal.

"It's simple. I'm taking over this town." He says.

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"Ever since that day we went to town and I got that small taste of power, I've been craving it. So I constantly went around someone with fear. And must I say the power feels amazing." He says with a evil and slightly crazy grin.

Then it hits me. He's not use to this amount of power. His brain is going crazy with this amount. He's not himself anymore. He's gone mad with power.

"Alric listen to me. This isn't you. Your brain can't handle this amount of power. You are not you. Let us help you control it." I say. I step foward but a creature growls at me.

"I wouldn't move if I was you. I gave them the order to attack if you do." He says.

"Alric listen to me." I say.

"Why would I need to control it? With this power I can do anything. I'm going to take over his town and soon the rest of this world." Alric says.

"Now you listen. You are not these people protector. You can not defeat me. So you guys can either join me or be against me. It's your choice." He says.

I look at the guys. Blaze seems angry. The twins seem confused. And Aqua seems hurt. Me I feel a whole lot of pain. The boy I love just became my enemy. And he's right I can't defeat him. I can't fight him. I care too much about him.

"We will not join you." I say.

"Big mistake." He growls.

He signals for the creatures to attack us. I see fear and panic cross the girls' faces. Then I see Alric smile. He is gaining more power.

Instead of fighting I take my cloak and swipe it over us making us disappear. It's a trick I learned in the forest.

We appear by our house.

"Listen we don't have much time. We are not safe here." I say.

"What are we going to do?" Aqua asks.

"Grab your things and let's go." I say.

"Are you running away from a fight?" Blaze asks surprised.

"Yes. He's right I'm not a protector. Not while he's crazy with power like that. We can't stop him now. Now let's go." I say.

We run inside and grab some stuff. Then we go outside again.

"Come on I hear him coming." I say.

"Too late."

I turn to see Alric standing in front of us.

I grip my sword and charge at him. He easily dodges it but seems surprised that I attacked him. And a little sad.

"You attacked me." He says.

"You bet I did." I say and then swing my sword again.

He keeps dodging as I keep swinging. I see from the corner of my eye that my friends are ready.

"Ugh just stop so I can capture you." He says.

"Good luck with that." I say.

And with that I make us disappear outside of town.

"Let's go." I say.

We have a big problem on our hands. It killed me to attack him. I need to get over him if I want to stop him.

The only way for me to stop loving him is to use that trick. That's a very hard trick and dangerous. But it must be done.