Gaining a new family

Animila's Pov

Seven months of walking. Just straight walking. Another birthday was spent in the forest.

But it was worth it. Because now I'm finally here. The capital.

I walk in to the town looking around. I take off my hood because it would really be strange if I walked around with my hood on.

I look around and I see the different people. I remember reading that some people can sense other things. Like someone's feelings. Or power. I must be careful around everyone.

I walk by the different houses and shops. Everything is so different than the villages I've been to.

"Where do I start?" I ask myself.

I stand off to the side where not a lot of people are. I don't like being around people really.

Then I feel something on me. It's slight but I feel it. I also hear hush talking and quiet breathing.

On instincts I pull out my dagger and cut whatever is on me. I look to see it was a vine.

Strange. I hear the breathing pick up and then I hear running. Very quiet running. So I follow it.

It sounds like more than one person is running. I follow them in to the forest part of the town. One thing about towns, it has every type of environment for the different people.

I hear the people talking so I climb a tree. I make no noise. I stalk them by sound. When I hear the running stop I see 5 people stop in front of a small house.

"That was close. You think she saw us?" One of them say.

I jump down from the tree with no sound.

"What were you trying to do?" I ask.

They turn around and see me. Now I can get a good look at them.

Three girls and two boys. Two of the girls look like twins.

"How did you find us?" The tallest boy says.

By his stance I can see he is the oldest and the most protective. He has chesnut color hair with red streaks. He has red eyes. He's built right. He has a lot if muscle but not too much.

"I followed you guys." I say.

The other boy who is the second tallest of the group steps up.

"How? We were silent and quick. There is no way you could've followed us and not get lost." He says.

I see the distrust in the boys eyes. This boy has black hair that covers his eyes if not brushed properly. He has brown eyes and he is built too. But more slender than the first boy.

"It was easy to follow you guys." I say.

Before anything else I hear movement behind me. I move out of the way as a vine tries to grab me. I take out my sword and cut it in half.

"You're quick." The first boy says.

"Yes I am now can you answer my question. What were you doing?" I say holding out my sword. I will fight if I have to.

"We'll answer that later. We need to know if we can trust you." The second boy says.

The girl's are really quiet. I look closer at them. They are perfectly still. Their breathing is normal.

This time water is sent from the side of me. A sword won't work on water. I move out the way but then I see a vine try to grab me. I move quickly so it looks like I disappeared.