~twenty seven~

Luke:

When I saw Michael the next day, he seemed blank.

"What happened then?" I bounced on my feet awkwardly as I waited for him to speak.

"She... She called me a liar."

"What?" I asked. "That's disgusting."

"Well I have been lying!" He exclaimed. "I was getting better and I let her think I wasn't."

"Mike," I put my hand on his shoulder as I watched his frowning face. "You were getting better. But you didn't tell her because you weren't ready, and you didn't feel like you were well enough for her to treat you like she used to. THAT'S why. Don't put yourself down,"

"Okay." He looked down at the floor.

I sighed and pulled him in for a hug, patting his back lightly. "You can always come to my house."

"I punched your mum in the face." He said blankly.

"She doesn't hate you for it Mikey," I half whined and half laughed.

"Whatever, better be getting home. Mum booked me an appointment with the psychologist."

"Oh alright. Text me?"

He nodded and plastered on a smile, hugging me once more before he left me and went home.

//

Michael:

As we entered the therapy room my mum was still on edge. She said she couldn't believe how much I had kept from her when really, she didn't know I could talk to Calum too, or Joy.

I sat down and huffed, waiting for the therapist to spout some bullshit at me. My mum sat next to me, with a stiff posture and strange silence.

"So Miss Clifford, what was your concern with Michael today?" She asked, straightening out her blazer.

"Well Michael, why don't you tell her yourself?" My mum said, not looking at me.

My therapist (also known as Wendy) looked at me expectantly. "I'd love if you could tell me, Michael." She offered a hopeful smile but I froze completely still and silent.

"What's wrong Michael? Not gonna talk now Luke's not here?" My mum rolled her eyes.

"You've been talking Michael?" Wendy smiled. I shook my head.

"He has, he just wants you to think he's ill." Mum spat.

I shrunk into my seat and Wendy seemed to notice.

"Miss Clifford could you please leave the room for a second?"

My mum nodded and left.

I let out a shaky breath as I felt Wendy's eyes on me.

"So Luke, huh?" She raised an eyebrow. "Is he cute?"
I blushed and nodded.

"Now Michael, I've seen this many times. We established before, you are not mute, but SELECTIVELY mute, only more extreme than other cases. Just as you can talk to your mum and not me, you can talk to Luke and not someone else. Correct?"

I nod.

"Well that's good! You found someone else to talk to. Especially if he's cute too right?"

I smile a little at her approach.

"I think your mum is a lovely person but she doesn't fully understand so what I'm gonna do is send you out and I will explain it all. It may take some time."

I nodded and left as she called my mum back inside.

I would never hurt her like that, I just wanted her to understand.

short ikr.

IF YOU ARE INTO SLEEPING WITH SIRENS CHECK OUT JESSE LAWSONS SINGLE "AUGUST 5TH"

ALSO I TRIED TO SEE HOW MUCH ALL TIME LOW TICKETS WOULD COST. YEAH. I DONT THINK IM GONNA GET TO GO XD

ily x bye