~twenty one~

If your day was bad here's kellin Quinn looking at some donuts

Luke:

I woke to the sound of my alarm, feeling annoyed instantly. My glare softened when I looked up from the floor and saw Michael asleep above me.

The loud noise made him jolt awake and I frowned, turning it off immediately.

"You don't have to get up for school yet if you don't want." I told him and he clutched his forehead and winced.

"Michael you can go back to sleep, I get up way earlier than necessary." I assured him and he went to nod but he just sneezed violently.

"Are you okay?" I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded and smiled a little, and six seconds later he sneezed and coughed again.

"Are you sick?" I asked. He shook his head but yeah... he sneezed again.

"You must've caught it from Cal before he started to have symptoms, and you did walk in the rain yesterday too."

He looked at me blankly- not registering anything.

"You're sick, don't even tell me you're going to school. Stay here for the day, my mum will be fine with it."

"I should go home." He nodded to himself. "D-don't like being in s-stranger's bedrooms."

I furrowed my eyebrows slightly. "Mike..?"

"My dinner's almost ready. I have to go." He said into the air, I wasnt sure he was talking to me specifically.

"Michael.."

"Where's my mum?" He asks in a scared voice that makes my heart shatter.

"Michael she-"

"Mum?!" He screams, a volume that I haven't heard so far. "MUM!!"

I realise he is immersed in complete panic as I lean forward and wrap him in my arms tightly.

"Shh," I told him. "It's okay, no one's gonna hurt you."

"Mum," He cried, seemingly loosing energy due to his sleepiness.

I felt little stabs at my heart each time he called out for his mum, each time he would lose more and more energy until he was whimpering into my chest.

"Mikey it's okay." I told him sadly. "What's wrong?"

He started to look at me in realisation of what had just happened and he pulled away from me, shrinking in on himself.

He still looked quite afraid but not of me.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"Nightmare." He whispered.

Michael:

I had the nightmare again.

The replay and flashback of memory of the day that destroyed my life.

I had tried so hard to not think about it whilst awake but as soon as I fell asleep I lost control of that.

I must still have been in the dream state when I woke up- I wasnt sure. But as Luke sat looking at me worriedly I began to think about how I could cover it up.

"Nightmare." I whispered.

"Oh. What about?"

I became silent and watched him frown.

"It doesnt matter... you're staying here for today. You're too sick. Okay?" He asked quietly.

"O-okay." I mumbled.