~twenty five~

Michael:

It was Saturday and I couldn't be more glad.

I had arrived home crying after school yesterday and refused to answer my mum's questions. If she knew it was Luke who upset me she wouldn't let him anywhere near me ever again! And I knew deep down that Luke didn't mean to hurt me one bit.

I lay in bed, just thinking about what happened. Luke grabbed me, and he wouldn't let go. And he didn't realise then, but it took me right back to Liam. Right back to that day. And it freaked me out.

Truth be told I was just feeling a bit upset that day. I felt stupid for what I said to Luke. But I wasn't sure why I felt so bad about admitting how I felt. I guess I had been keeping it in for so long.

I sniffled and hugged my teddy close to me.

My phone began to ring beside me and I leaned over, seeing it was Luke. I clicked accept and brought it to my ear.

"Michael? Oh thank god, I'm so sorry about yesterday I-"

"I-it's okay." I mumbled.

"It's not. But don't worry about it. Anyway, Calum asked me to call you- Joy needs help with baking again. She wants us over ASAP. Can you make it?"

"Um yeah. See you in 20." I scratched the back of my head and stood up, picking out some clothes to wear. I decided on a red plaid shirt and black jeans. I told my mum I was going to Calum's and left the house.

I speed walked there and was quite breathless by the time I reached the place but I knocked on the door and straightened my shirt as I waited for it to open.

"Hey," Calum greeted as he ushered me inside. "Mum's freaking out because she can't get the cake mix right." He rolled his eyes and I smiled.

I entered the kitchen and saw Luke and Joy stood against the worktop with a bowl of mix each.

Luke looked up at me nervously but he seemed more comfortable when I shot him a closed mouthed smile.

"Mickey thank god come here," Joy waved me over and I chuckled at the nick name. No one ever called me Mickey before.

"Now I need to make a chocolate mix but it doesn't taste right." She told me and I nodded in understanding.

"Did you put nutella in it?" I asked quietly.

"Oh my gosh of course." She rolled her eyes and reached for the nutella from the cupboard.

"Put on an apron you're staying much longer, these two are useless."

"Hey!" Luke objected.

"Let me check... Nope, not sorry." Joy laughed as she scraped the nutella into the mix.

I tied on a white and black spotted apron and stood beside Luke.

He was having trouble beating the mix so I softly grabbed the spoon from him, ignoring the tingle when our hands touched.

"You have to s-stir it l-like this." I mumbled.

"Oh." He muttered.

"Listen Michael I'm sor-"

"It's ok." I cut him off.

"It's not." He insisted.

"It's okay." I said slowly dragging out the 'okay'.

He nodded and looked up at me, scanning my face. "So are we alright?"
I sighed and grabbed the spoon of mix, flicking it in his hair.

Me and Calum burst out laughing at the gunk that now covered the blonde locks.

"Michael!" Joy scolded. "Luke, you can go wash that out your hair. Bathroom upstairs."

Luke nodded and went upstairs.

Joy continued to glare at me and Calum but we didn't care as we moved on to making something else.

ten minutes later Luke stepped in with wet hair that clung to his forehead. My eyes went wide and I gulped, finding it extremely attractive.

He walked towards me and I bit my lip, not really realising the situation in my jeans. I followed Luke's shocked eyeline and I stared down in horror.

I began to panic.

"M-Michael?" He asked quietly.

He probably thought I was disgusting, he probably hated me! I didn't stick around to find out. I ripped the apron off my body and without another word ran out the kitchen and out the house entirely.

I didn't look back as I ran home. Fresh tears streamed down my face as I began to think about how much of a freak I really was.

How could Luke ever like me back?

THERE U HAPPY NOW XD

GUYS IM TIRED ASF. ITS A HARD LIFE TBH.