~twelve~

Luke:

I didn't know what was up with Michael exactly yesterday but I didn't want to question him on it and make him uncomfortable.

The day so far had been uneventful. We had two lessons and breaktime so far and now it was time for PE.

Michael sighed and texted me as he sat beside me.

From Michael: I'm going to go to the library

"Why?" I asked.

From Michael: I don't do PE.

"Why not come and watch though. It might be fun." I smiled.

From Michael: No. Bye.

"Fine, I can tell you're made up about this." I rolled my eyes. "See you at lunchtime, come on Cal." I said as we waved bye to Michael and left for PE.

I noticed a group of boys who were usually in our lesson did not show up until the lesson was half over, which got them an after school detention. Me and Cal snickered about it because we didn't care for those guys much.

But what bothered me was how smug they seemed and the way one of them was looking at me. Like they'd done something. But I had no idea what.

When the lesson ended and we went to find Michael we walked all around the library, asking the librarian if she had seen him, she said she didn't remember. Stupid old people.

I huffed and Calum told me to look around one half of the campus whilst he checked the other. It seemed I'd looked everywhere apart from the Maths block so I walked there. I crept behind the wall of the building, there was only a small abandoned path of concrete which wasn't used for anything.

I heard whimpers from somewhere and walked down the path until I spotted a head of red hair lying down hidden by some bushes.

I gasped. "Michael?!" I crouched down and looked at him. His face had some dry mud on from where his face had been in the dirt and his nose was bleeding a lot.

"Michael?" I asked again and I knew he was aware of my presence but he seemed to be in a state of shock.

I gently pulled him out of the shrubs and put my hoodie under his head, letting him stay lay down.

"It's okay." I told him, upset. "I'll stay with you, it's okay." I rubbed his back softly, texting Calum to come.

He just seemed to be in a trance, clear tears silently streaming down his face and wetting the black concrete he was lay on. His breaths were deep and quick and I just needed to know who did this.

"Michael what happened?" I cried. "Oh yeah," I sighed. "You can't tell me."

Michael:

Too right I cant tell you.

Even if I could speak I wasn't sure I would tell him. I was so scared.

**Flashback**

I made my way to the library and sat down, I was on my phone but then I saw the group of boys walk in. They eyed me smugly and sat on the other side of the room. I could feel them stare and it was getting too much so stupidly I left the controlled conditions of the library where I was probably safest and got out quickly. I noticed them shuffle and walk after me.

I turned a sharp corner at the maths block, trying to keep myself calm. I was 90% sure they didn't see me go down this pathway. It was also unfortunately, very secluded. I stopped there for a second, then I found myself unable to move as dread filled me. The gang walked round the corner and got closer and closer.

The leader grabbed me by my shirt and pushed me against the wall.

"Not gonna run?" He asked. "Wise choice."

He raised his fist and punched me in the face, I felt tears explode from my eyes and then the metallic taste on my tongue and my wet face. I was guessing it was blood.

Then another boy kicked my legs making me fall onto the ground. They rubbed my face into the dirt and kept kicking me for a solid five minutes. I couldn't cry out loud because that would involve talking and I didn't want to give them the satisfaction.

But there was no denying I was scared as fuck.

Soon they got bored and shouted names at me and left, telling me that if I told anybody, they would do it again, only worse.

I just felt frozen, and lay there in the mud for another forty five minutes until Luke found me. But he must be crazy if he thought I would utter a word.

In the end I was sent home, my mum asking endless questions and me making up lies about how I annoyed some kids. She believed that.

I could remember the many texts from Luke begging for me to tell him, and the same from Cal, but that wasn't gonna happen.

It couldn't.

SO HEY. SAD AF RIGHT? MICHAEL JUST SAY SOMETHING.

SONG OF THE WEEK: WITH EARS TO SEE AND EYES TO HEAR BY SLEEPING WITH SIRENS EXCEPT THE ACOUSTIC VERSION FROM THE "IF THIS WERE A MOVIE THIS WOULD BE YOUR SOUNDTRACK EP" NOT THE SCARY VERSION OKAY XD

THE ACOUSTIC VERSION IS BEAUTIFUL. HONEST JUST LISTEN TO IT.

AND I FEEL LIKE 5SOS ARE HINTING AT A MUSIC VIDEO RELEASE FOR SKH. MAYBE? I HOPE SO BRO. ILY BYE X